Hat tip to Fashion Prospectress for this one: Sephora is having their 20% off Friends & Family sale (go here for your code; deal ends 11/2) and there are a ton of great basics, as well as gift sets (perfect for the holidays!). I like this kit that takes you through two looks: a natural eye and a smokey eye. This one is for brown eyes, but they also have them for blue and green eyes. The kit is $28 at Sephora. SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Lesson Palette: Brown Eyes ($65 Value) Pro Lesson Palette: Brown Eyes
Archives for October 2011
Hi guys — I am way behind on emails so it’s just coming to my attention that a bunch of folks can’t get on the site. I’m sorry for the difficulty… Can you give me more specifics?
– Is it ONLY Internet Explorer? Do you know what version of the browser it is? (I think the current version is 9…) Can you check what operating system you’re on?
– What happens when you try to access the page — do you just get a white screen? Just the grayish background? Just the logo?
– On the bottom part of the screen, does it say that anything is taking too long to load? Or that it is “gathering data”?
Thanks a million, you guys… I really appreciate it…
There are all sorts of reasons I shouldn’t like this jean — it’s a skinny pant, it’s ankle length, it’s bright royal blue, and it’s expensiveish — but I can’t help it: I really want a pair. I think they’d look as cute with motorcycle boots and a big comfy sweater as they would with a more polished casual look, such as ballet flats, a crisp white blouse, and a neutral blazer. The jeans are $175 at Net a Porter. 511 mid-rise corduroy skinny jeans
Liking these posts? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.)
– Awesome: Fashionista picks out some “aughties” fashion that is due to come back in style — belly button rings, Uggs, and sweatsuits, oh my!
– Lisa at Privilege shares her adventures in updos.
– The NYT thinks it’s a step in the right direction that women in power can talk openly about their work/life juggle.
– Mint suggests a surefire way to earn 3% over the next year: i-bonds. Hmmn…
– To all the readers out there in their early 30s: we apparently are Generation Catalano (according to Doree Shafrir writing for Slate).
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here…