Liking these posts? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.)
- The Careerist wonders whether it’s a bad career move to go gray – and notes that senior men apparently notice and hate seeing women with little gray hairs sprouting up. (Guest poster Siouxsie Law wrote about corporate women and gray hair for Corporette a few months ago.)
- The NYT has an interesting story on how clothes make you smarter (kind of).
- Lori Fradkin writes on HuffPost about how she has the same thing for lunch every day at work. (While I’ve never had the same thing, I will admit to having a short list of 5-8 go-to meals for lunch and/or snacks, either brought from home or purchased out.) Meanwhile, The Daily Muse offers advice for how to avoid living in a pig sty.
- io9 wonders when stress makes you healthier.
- Above the Law advises when NOT to ask for a second draft from a junior colleague.
- The WSJ has some great tips for travelers — love the one about the single shoe. Along those lines, Savvy Sugar has some suggestions for how to arrive without looking like a wrinkled mess. (Psst: check out my post on how to pack suit jackets.)
- Just a reminder: I’m speaking in Seattle on 4/19 at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt! If you’re in Seattle, you can RSVP here, or check out more details on the Corporette Facebook page or my new “Hire Kat to Speak” page. I think I’m also going to be on a panel in NYC on 4/16 for Fashion 2.0 — more details to come. :)
Did we miss anything? Add ‘em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!