Liking these posts? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.)
- Jean at ExtraPetite shares her adventures in vintage Chanel brooch purchases. Meanwhile, Belle at Capitol Hill Style tries to talk us all out of floral jeans. (But what if we’re wearing them ironically, Belle?)
- Lisa at Privilege has an interesting series on how to “build attractive.”
- Get your coats on, ladies and gentlemen: Sheryl Sandberg leaves work at 5:30 pm every day, according to The Grindstone. Speaking of balance, SavvySugar has some advice for women working while planning their wedding.
- Can women use sexuality to get ahead? Forbes Woman wonders.
- Business Insider tells you what six things recruiters absorb in the seconds they take to look at your resume. Meanwhile, The Careerist has 8 tips on how to ace interviews.
- Road Warriorette wonders how to pack for a long conference, while the WSJ wonders how to get more out of them.
- Finally, in Kat news, I’ve got some speaking engagements coming up:
- On Monday, 4/16 I’ll be a panelist on a Fashion 2.0 panel in NYC…
- On Thursday, 4/19, I’ll be speaking at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt! (Sadly, I’m not even in town for the entire night, so I can’t do a reader meetup — poor planning on my part, due partly to the fact that it’s my first night away from my baby). If you’re in Seattle, you can RSVP here, or check out more details on the Corporette Facebook page or my new “Hire Kat to Speak” page.
Did we miss anything? Add ‘em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!