Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest or Instagram.
- Levo League brainstorms how to wear looks from NYFW to work.
- The Little Pink Book looked at the history of business casual.
- SheFinds looks at the eight pieces of jewelry you must have in your wardrobe for fall (and some lookalikes for under $100).
- Ask a Manager ponders networking during maternity leave.
- For all of you who just finished going through intense interview weeks for law school or business school: Greedy Associates has some tips on interview thank you letters, which we’ve also talked about here.
- “I love my women lawyers because they never ask for a raise.” Great. (Hat tip to my law librarian friend who passed this on — you can see the anonymous quote at the bottom of page 1.) In other groan-worthy news, Business Insider covered an anonymous Quora commenter talking about her five years spent on Wall Street (hint: boob jokes factor into it). And the NYT covered Harvard Business School’s drastic recent efforts for gender equity (summarized by The Careerist here).
- Popsugar Smart Living ponders how to handle a job referral request (something we’ve also talked about here).
- Eye4Style tried out the new Elle Dating service (where Elle’s dating columnist, E. Jean Carroll, will personally set you up!).
Did we miss anything? Add ‘em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!