Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest.
- Angie at YouLookFab knows the secret to scrunched sleeves.
- Wow, I think this is the most-liked thing on the Corporette Facebook page, ever: an amusing essay at Jezebel from a woman tired of being told she “doesn’t have to dress up” for work.
- SheFinds brainstorms how to make your clothes last longer.
- I’m not sure I can conceive of an office where shorts are OK (except a very creative one) but if yours is that rare exception, Budget Babe tells you how to wear shorts to work. (And they’re all very short shorts!) Speaking of creative offices: Lucky Magazine advises how to dress for an interview with both a creative boss and a conservative hiring office.
- POPSUGAR Smart Living ponders when to accept a LinkedIn request.
- Lifehacker asks the age-old question: should you pay down student debt, or invest your money? (We had a similar discussion about when to save versus when to pay down debt.)
On to the survey! The survey is still open, but I am closing the giveaway today. Of 3,344 entries, the lucky number (chosen by Random.org) was 2302 — I have contacted the reader whose email address appeared in that row of the Excel spreadsheet of survey responses. Thank you guys so much for reading and for taking the survey! Some fun factoids for you:
- 35.7% of you are ages 28-32; the next largest grouping is 25.8% of you ages 23-27.
- 51.3% of you are married or in a civil union, and 74.7% of you have no kids
- 83.1% of you work full time; of those of you who work full time 32.2% of you make over $100K.
- 50.2% of you have a JD, or are in the midst of attaining it
- On the satisfaction scale, most of you are really happy with your job on the intellectual/money/emotion/life balance fronts, with “it’s great” being the most common answer.
- 35.4% of you spent $151-$300 on clothes last month (with 2.4% of you spending more than $1K).
On a personal note, to everyone who left SUCH NICE COMMENTS — I’m verklempt. I’m going to have to put those away for a rainy day. :)
Did we miss anything? Add ‘em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!