Sure, we all know what basics professional women are supposed to have in their closets, but if you’re buying one for the first time or replacing one you’ve worn into the ground, it can be a pain to find exactly the right incarnation in stores. In “The Hunt,” we search the stores for a basic item that every woman should have.
As cold weather sets in, I thought we’d do a roundup of some of the best tights for work out there. Ladies, which are your favorites — which are your favorite everyday tights, your favorite superwarm tights, favorite opaque tights, and favorite shaping tights? For me, my favorites for everyday are my Spanx shaping tights, for warmth, my fleece tights from Plush, and for opacity — which is lower on the list for me than comfort and durability, but I know is key for a lot of other women — are my Commando tights. I can’t wait to hear what your favorites are!
- Hall of Famers: Commando, Plush (fleece), DKNY, Spanx, Hue (super opaque), Hue (absolute opaque)
- Plus size picks: DKNY, Talbots, Lands’ End, Ava & Viv, Hue, Berkshire Trend by Max, Berkshire (fleece)
- Maternity: Assets, Plush, tons of options at Target, Insignia by Sigvaris, H&M, and Loft
- Petites: Berkshire Trend by Max, Berkshire (fleece), Hanes
- Tall sizes: Berkshire (fleece), DKNY