As noted earlier today, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is on, with early access to card holders. Every year they do it a bit differently — this year you can see the items without a card, but can only place them in your cart once you confirm your card number. Today through the 16th you can earn double points; you can also choose for today to be your triple points day if you really plan to do a lot of buying.
- I’ll do a separate roundup of shoes and bags later, but right now note that there are some great picks for reader favorite AGL (flats are now down to $210!), as well as Cole Haan and Tory Burch. For the weekend, there are great sales on Frye, as well as these cute rag & bone booties (now marked to $350! ooh, and here’s a more affordable version from Ivanka Trump).
- For bags — nice selection of Rebecca Minkoff, Longchamp (Pliage on sale!), Marc by Marc Jacobs, and Brahmin.
- If you need a new winter or fall coat, do check out the selection — I’m in love with these two DvF coats, as well as this bright blue Ted Baker coat (also available in black), and this Calvin Klein is an affordable take on the trend of boyfriend coats. For the weekend it looks like draped leather jackets are hot, and there are a ton in the sale in a wide range of prices — this affordable Trouvé leather jacket is my favorite. If you’re looking for an investment coat, this double breasted, below the knee, cashmere and wool coat from Nordstrom Signature and Caroline Issa is a classic.
- Great denim choices, including flares, skinnies, boyfriend styles from trendy names like Le Frame, Current/Elliott, rag & bone, and Paige, as well as Kut from the Kloth, NYDJ, Wit & Wisdom, Vigoss, and SEVEN different styles of reader favorite Jag pull-on jeans.
- Great shapewear, including Yummie, Spanx, and TC — and, ooh, the readers’ favorite pantyhose brand, Donna Karan’s The Nudes, is part of the sale.
- Tons of reader favorite Zella leggings and workout gear on sale.
Now for some specific picks for workwear…