The designer clearance sale started yesterday (we rounded up some of our favorites from the excellent shoe selection and took an early look at some of the more affordable workwear in the sale), but the real motherload just started today: the Nordstrom Half-Yearly sale just started. Tons of great workwear pieces are on sale for 40% off and more starting today. I’ll round up a few particular pieces, but some general notes about the sale:
- TONS of great Boss blazers, sheath dresses, and other basics — if you’re upping your workwear game this is a great time to stock up. Lots of lucky sizes only, so filter by that first.
- The DvF portion of the sale is solid – lots of pretty, feminine pieces that layer well with suits, blazers and more. This cotton suit is nice, and I’m a bit obsessed with this dress.
- Classiques Entier has a lot of nice work dresses in the sale — lucky sizes only, but super affordable price points
- Lots of nice minimalist workwear from Vince in the sale
- Max Mara sale section is solid – lots of suits, but lucky sizes
- St. John isn’t always my cup of tea, but I’m drooling over half of their sale items — gorgeous dresses and some killer accessories
- The Theory sale section is ok but not a lot of great urban workwear — lots of ivory linen, stripes, peplums
Some particular picks for workwear from the sale, mostly in order of price (low to high):
Pictured yesterday (prices not in any order):