Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Take Back Halloween goes way beyond “Lusty Leopard” and “Glow in the Dark Sexy Skeleton” (yes, those are actual costume names) and offers dress-up ideas like Sojourner Truth, Isis, and Clara Barton. Here’s our Halloween post in case you missed it.
- NPR reminisces about the ’80s power suit and looks at the fashions worn by the women of The Good Wife, while Levo League reflects on how working women are often depicted in stock photos (megaphone, anyone?).
- The Washington Post offers advice on fitting clothing storage into small spaces.
- The Wall Street Journal – in an article that manages to put Comme des Garcons and Chuck Taylors in the same sentence — ponders the future of high heels.
- Racked explains IKEA has proclaimed “sitting is the new smoking” and offers a sitting/standing desk, the BEKANT. Good for a home office?
- Lifehacker has some tips on how to best benefit from a mentor.
- At a panel at the recent Wharton Women in Business conference, participants discussed negotiation — how women often don’t ask for things at work, and what typically happens when we do.
- Business Insider details the difference between self-made billionaires and the rest of us. (So, are you a Producer or a Performer?)
- Gizmodo defends voice mail — and, your reaction to this NPR story about Millennials and voice mail will likely depend on your age.
- For your Laugh of the Week (or, Quiet-Snort-of-Frustrated-Recognition of the Week?), The Onion has some poll results for you.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We talked about dealing with postpartum hair loss/breakage.
- See Kat’s recent recs for moms and non-moms alike.