Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Think it’s harder to find quality workwear lately? You’re not alone, as Fashionista’s Lauren Sherman writes; however, she managed to round up seven retailers (offering a range of prices) who are still go-to sources for professional pieces. P.S. Don’t miss the quotes from Kat!
- While comfortable heels for work do exist, some well-known actresses are kissing high heels goodbye, according to The Huffington Post. Have any of you sworn them off, too?
- The Atlantic looks at how women may be holding themselves back because of a lack of confidence in their abilities and qualifications; for example, many of us won’t apply for a job unless we meet the listed requirements 100%. (Does that sound like you, or do you just go for it?)
- Forbes compares women in corporate careers and women who are entrepreneurs and also touches on a few points from What Works for Women at Work: Four Patterns Working Women Need to Know by Joan C. Williams and Rachel Dempsey. Meanwhile, The Washington Post has a piece from one of the authors about how women are all too often stuck with “office housework.”
- The NYT ponders women who are trying to reclaim “words that smear” — such as, you know, “ladylike.”
- PopSugar Smart Living give you tips on dealing with six common types of “difficult” coworkers. (Here on Corporette we’ve talked about micro-managing bosses, hostile mentors, and sexist jerks, just to name a few.)
- We all know that women typically live longer than men, but what does that mean for your life right now? NPR recently spoke to Acting Commissioner of Social Security Carolyn Colvin about women and retirement planning.
- Speaking of living longer, Hungry Girl offers several useful tips on lowering the sodium in your diet.
In Corporette news: stay tuned next week for a BIG announcement! (I’m psyched!)
Did we miss anything? Add ‘em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you!