Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Fashionista tested out several drugstore brow products and shares the best.
- Racked reports that T.J. Maxx is being sued for inventing high numbers for those “compare at” price tags. (I’ve often found the opposite to be true — that their estimates are actually lower than the original retail prices of the items…)
- Greedy Associates gives you five things to do after taking the bar exam.
- This week, NPR’s “Fresh Air” explored the ongoing policing of women’s speech habits — guests included a linguistics professor, a speech pathologist, and a journalist who has been criticized for her own voice. If you have the time, it’s worth listening to the whole interview.
- The Toast ponders the “emotional labor” that women are expected to perform.
- The Atlantic looks at what happens when couples have very different amounts of student-loan debt.
- Lindy West writes in The Guardian about her weight and her wedding.
- For your Laugh of the Week, The New York Times asks, “Is this a selfie?”
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- Miranda Hlady wrote a guest post on her family’s experiences with cloth diapers.
- Kat shared some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable office clothes.