Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- The New York Times and Racked take a look at Michelle Obama’s fashion choices during her recent trip through Asia.
- Elle talks to Fran Lebowitz about her style — and about what she thinks about everyone else’s.
- Fashionista and Racked bring lots of shopping news this week: The time has come to say goodbye to Kate Spade Saturday and Marc by Marc Jacobs, while Gap will close some stores to focus more on e-commerce, and you’re likely to see fewer of those ubiquitous big-sale emails from retailers this year.
- The Telegraph reports on a new survey in which employers reveal what they think about women employees who don’t wear makeup. (We just talked about interview makeup this week.)
- Which would save more water: drinking one fewer beer a week or installing water-saving faucets in your home? Answer: skip that beer. Southern California Public Radio has a quiz to test what you know about saving water.
- Speaking of drinking… NPR reported this week about heavy drinkers cutting back rather than giving up alcohol completely, while an Atlantic piece critiques AA’s methods. (Have you seen our most recent discussion of overachievers and drinking?)
- The New York Times‘ Opinion Page has an essay by Anna North about the problems with egg freezing (complete with the requisite mansplaining in the comments…).
- Do you read the Food Babe? A chemistry professor writes in Slate about the blogger’s claims.
- In Corporette news: Kat was recently interviewed by Michael Peggs for an episode of his personal branding podcast, “You University.”
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We talked about dealing with secondary infertility at work.
- Kat shared some picks for moms and non-moms alike.