Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Angie of YouLookFab tells you why she keeps certain things she rarely wears.
- Racked checks out Try.com, a shopping service that lets you try on clothes at home for free; if you like them, keep them and your credit card will be charged; if not, return them within 10 days without being charged at all.
- Refinery29 looks at workwear style in Washington, D.C. — and quotes Kat!
- Inc. has advice on breaking bad public-speaking habits.
- Time reports that women whose coworkers are at least 85% men experience higher stress levels.
- The Street reports on a new study from the Family Wealth Advisors Council about women breadwinners; for example, the study found that a woman is the breadwinner in 40% American families.
- New York magazine brings the news that there is now a name for that bad nighttime habit many of us have — bedtime procrastination.
- The New York Times attempts to debunk the “8 glasses of water a day” myth.
- For your Laugh of the Week, McSweeney’s brings you a handy Bay Area to Standard American English Translator.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- Kat shared some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable office clothes.