Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- If you want to know whether that blouse really goes with those pants, check out Lifehacker’s primer on color theory (not only good for fashion, of course).
- Now that Hukkster is history (sad face), Fashionista tells you about some other options for getting online sale alerts, including PoachIt and Rack It Up. Former Hukkster users: have you found a good alternative?
- Brittany of Clumps of Mascara rounds up five nude lipsticks to complement darker skin tones.
- Lucky shares the news that Smythe is reissuing 10 of its best-selling blazers and coats to celebrate its 10th anniversary. The collection (Lucky provides a slideshow preview) includes a black-and-white tweed version of the Duchess Blazer, whose blue counterpart has often been seen on Kate Middleton.
- Kat contributed her advice for this Business Insider piece about summer workwear do’s and don’ts for women and men.
- Calling all rising 2Ls: Above the Law offers eight on-campus interview tips.
- The NYT reports on the findings of a new working paper from a professor at Vanderbilt who looked at the salary disparity between college graduates of lower-tiered vs. higher-tiered schools.
- The Dissolve pushes for quality over quantity in female characters on the big screen and laments the many instances of the the “Strong Female Character With Nothing to Do.”
- The Sweet Home has a list of the best pillows for your bed.
Helpful Tips from Corporette Readers…
- A reader shared this great way to easily prepare a whole meal by roasting everything (chicken and all) at the same time, from the NYT.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- Kat shared her weekly picks for maternity and beyond.
- We talked about “mom friends” — looking for them, keeping them, and more.