Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- InStyle shares some sale-shopping tips.
- According to NPR, “there’s a plus-size movement afoot.”
- In Slate’s DoubleX, Hanna Rosin wants to reclaim the word “dowdy.”
- Ann Friedman writes in New York magazine about all the advice women get about how to change their speech — no more uptalk! stop that vocal fry! quit apologizing so much! — and she raises a good point: “But are women the ones who need to change? If I’m saying something intelligent and all a listener can hear is the way I’m saying it, whose problem is that?”
- Above the Law comments on the Marin Lawyer piece that advised women lawyers to improve their courtroom fashions (for one, camouflage those “trouble areas”!) — which supposedly only one reader has complained about so far…
- The New York Times looks into why our offices are so cold during the summer — and in another story, talks to women who prefer to dress modestly when it’s hot outside.
- Lifehacker recommends Pushbullet, available in Android and iPhone apps as well as Chrome and Firefox extensions, to synchronize links, files, etc., across all your devices.
- And for your Laugh of the Week, here is, from The Toast, “Men Starting Unnecessary Conversations In Western Art History.”
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We shared some great articles about pregnancy and motherhood.
- Kat shared some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable office clothes.