Sure, we all know what basics professional women are supposed to have in their closets, but if you’re buying one for the first time or replacing one you’ve worn into the ground, it can be a pain to find exactly the right incarnation in stores. In “The Hunt,” we search the stores for a basic item that every woman should have.
Ladies, we haven’t talked about the most stylish cashmere sweaters for work in far too long — and now is a great time to buy because there are so many sales on. Which brands are you loving this year in terms of style, softness, durability, and more? (Do check out our guide to cardigans for work, if you haven’t already!) Have you gotten any great deals on any cashmere lately? Which cashmere brand do you like to splurge on?
- Hall of Famers, specific styles: Talbots, Equipment (crewneck); Equipment (turtleneck)
- Hall of Famers, general brands: August Cashmere, Brora, Eric Bompard, InHabit NY, Loro Piana, Magaschoni, TSE
- Petite: Halogen, Talbots, Ann Taylor, Lands’ End
- Plus: Talbots, Lands’ End, Last Call, Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor
- Cusp sizes (available in sizes 16-18): Halogen, Talbots, Lands’ End, Boden
- Tall: Ann Taylor, Lands’ End (tall ladies, any favorites?)
- Under $100: Lands’ End, Talbots, Lord & Taylor, J.Crew, Halogen, August Cashmere @ Nordstrom Rack, August Cashmere @ Bluefly