Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Bloomberg Businessweek brings news of the latest menswear trend. Yes, the shorts suit. (We asked for your opinion on women’s shorts suits a few years ago… and it’s not too difficult to predict your opinions on this version.)
- Ever look at an item of clothing that’s calling your name and wonder whether the sale price is the final markdown or if you might get an even better deal if you wait? Lifehacker shares several retailers’ secret price codes.
- Do you have a messy purse? A perfectly organized one? Cosmo tells you what a peek inside your bag may say about you.
- The Washington Post talks about warm-weather fashion vs. dress codes at work. Prime quote: “Interns and junior staffers are just clomping down the hall in their $5 Old Navy flip-flops.”
- The New Yorker talks about women and negotiation tactics and how — like many workplace issues — women should tread carefully.
- The Wall Street Journal’s At Work blog garners some job interview tips from a woman who’s been through 100 of them.
- Essentialist or Nonessentialist: which one are you? The Harvard Business Review discusses the difference — and talks about the I’m-so-busy humblebrag.
- From 100 job interviews to 12 weddings… DailyWorth (via PopSugar Smart Living) has some wedding-party tips from a woman who has been a bridesmaid a dozen times.