Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Angie of YouLookFab shares a tip on stretching tight shoes a bit … with potatoes!
- The WSJ tests three bags that can charge your phone while you’re out and about. Would you buy one?
- The NYT reports on the new trend of upgrading the typical social-media selfies to, um, unique professional portraits. In what is likely to be the first time these words have been combined in a single sentence, the article reads, “For her Google+ profile, she wore a theatrical chain-mail top, complete with Kabuki-esque makeup and a gold circlet crown.” (The “she” in question is a software engineer in California.)
- Above the Law looks at Vault’s latest ratings of the law firms where summer associates have the most fun.
- The Muse shares Tim Ferriss’ list of nine bad work habits. How many of these do you often find yourself doing? Do you agree with the list?
- Lifehacker has a tip on using Evernote to save notes and highlighted lines/sections from books you read on your Kindle.
- Business Insider (via PopSugar Smart Living) provides a big list of discounts available to students, including deals from Amazon, Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Apple, and the New York Times.
- …And now for some humor for your Friday. Has a cat ever scratched your clothes and torn the fabric? Multiply that times 100 to get this story from the WSJ’s Japan Real Time blog, which sort of reads like something from the Onion.
P.S. One more thing for you moms and moms-to-be: The CorporetteMoms 2014 survey is still open — we want to hear what YOU want from the site. Learn more about the brief survey AND the associated giveaway (it’s a good one!). Thanks for your feedback!