For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
If you used to be a fan of British brand GOAT, they’ve changed their name to Jane Atelier! They’re still making lovely dresses and suits. This dark navy jersey jacket looks like a great basic.
(Side note: What do we think about the bootcut pants hemmed at that length, and paired with those shoes? I would argue that they look too long to be “ankle pants” but are too short to be proper bootcuts, which I think of as having a slight break over your foot, and covering all but the bottom 0.5″ or so of the back of your shoe… I’d also argue that this is why pointy or square-toe shoes generally pair best with bootcuts from a style perspective.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Psst: looking for more basic mid-range suits? Here are some of our favorites…
Workwear sales of note for 9.24.21…
- Nordstrom – Earn 3X the points through September 26. Some reader favorites are here.
- Ann Taylor – $30-$50 off select full-price styles
- Loft – 50% off your purchase + free shipping
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase or 40% off $250
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Eloquii – 50% off everything + extra 10% off $125