Corporette is a fashion and lifestyle blog for women lawyers, bankers, MBAs, consultants, and otherwise overachieving chicks who need to look professional but want to look fashionable. The site was started in May 2008 by Kat Griffin, who was then a litigator at a Wall Street law firm. She wrote the site anonymously until April 2010, and now focuses on Corporette full time. We’ve been honored to receive numerous mentions in the press, and are proud of our respectful yet vibrant community of intelligent, professional women.
Check out some of Corporette’s top posts of all time!
How did the site come about?
After a few years of working near Wall Street, Kat noticed that young professional women had a few things in common no matter where they lived or who they worked for:
– they all spent hours surfing the internet, either because long hours had thoroughly blurred the line between personal/home tasks or because there was significant downtime
– they all based their work wardrobes around Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, and J.Crew
– their problems were just a little bit different from the women the rest of American magazines were profiling — they had plenty of money but no time; they had to deal with extremely onerous demands at the office, and they were generally expected to be on 24/7.
Kat started the site in May 2008 to start the dialog.
Tell me more…
Perhaps you’d like to read more about:
- Kat Griffin
- about all the Corporette authors
- how to purchase advertising
- how to send a product for review
- affiliate disclosures
- how to contact Kat