Readers have a zillion great conversations on the blog. You can always search the site (comments are searchable), but some of the ones we’ve featured in our sidebar include:
– While I wait for a new job, I’m considering part time.
– My SO has a lot of debt.
– I got a new job but I’m sad about leaving.
– Should I continue part-time consulting?
– My new job will involve a lot of travel.
– With post-work, active hobbies, when do you eat dinner?
– How can I track New Year’s resolutions during the year?
– How to split travel costs with family?
– What to wear for a final-round interview at a small nonprofit?
– How can I make up for a bad first impression at work?
– I’m kicking myself for not taking today off.
– What work retreat activities are most valuable?
– Advice about not letting field sales reps finish 2 weeks and “walking them out”?
– Good things to do during unplanned time off?
– What are your thoughts on heels vs. flats?
– Tips for first meetings with difficult parents of an SO?
– I need to do a 30-min. career day presentation.
– My friendships are struggling from lack of time spent together.
– A reference told me he can’t recommend me for partnership.
– I’m looking for suggestions for my exit interview.
– How did you pay for your grad degree?
– How can I have more fun without compromising work?
– How long does it take to move on from a layoff?
– How do I lose weight in an office with unlimited snacks?
– How many of you have to work 8-hour days not counting breaks?
– Finding a balance between celebrating Christmas and mourning my FIL?
– Our accountant at work always screws things up.
– I need a concise daily news podcast.
– Advice for expressing unhappiness with late nights?
– How did you meet your spouse?
– How do you plan weekends when you’re dieting?
– I asked for a raise but I’m looking to leave.
– How do you detox from a toxic job before a new one?
– What are your favorite Christmas family traditions?
– Tips for working with a stomach bug?
– I have decision fatigue with what to wear.
– I need advice on giving notice.
– The worst person at my old company is coming to my new one.
– What are your pantry splurges?
– I’m trying to lose 20-25 lbs.
– I’m going from Biglaw to a small, young litigation boutique.
– The nonprofit board I’m on has an odd idea for an ED search.
– What appropriate ring can I wear as a young widow?
– My coworker didn’t do her part of a project.
– Who do you purchase holiday gifts for?
– How much do you spend on food?
– My friend only shows up when she has big news.
– Suggestions for books about people with spending problems?
– My boss edits my writing to make it worse.
– Have you driven for a rideshare company?
– What should I do with boxes full of old memories?
– What’s your current workout routine?
– I need recipe suggestions for a work retreat.
– Used to be a lawyer? What do you do now?
– How do you care for yourself when you’re overwhelmed?
– How do you find out if a job is work-from-home friendly?
– Moving from labor and employment to HR: happy with your decision?
– Suggestions for gifting to important referral sources?
– My commute makes me want to quit.
– My in-laws bully me to be a SAHM.
– I’m trying to get used to a Diva Cup.
– I’m unhappy in my marriage.
– Tips for surviving a long car commute?
– My job has no chance of upward mobility.
– I have a problem with confidence.
– How do you compare salaries for mid-size firms?
– I have to ask my partner to do his chores.
– How do I determine what makeup/hairstyle/clothes work best?
– What budget categories do you use?
– Ideas for a rare chance to be alone?
– What’s your best life hack or habit?
– I have a difficult time concentrating.
– My husband complains about caring for our dog.
– What are winter wardrobe essentials for work?
– Looking for good experiences as a part-time lawyer.
– My company announced a global restructuring.
– What do you do after work when you’re exhausted?
– The guy I’m dating doesn’t compliment my looks.
– How do you wear pants with booties?
– My coworker tells me comments she hears about me.
– How do you know when it’s time to quit a job?
– I recently hooked up with a coworker.
– How do you style cords for a casual office?
– How do I figure what I want?
– I want to go from law to healthcare administration.
– Advice for dealing with a loved one’s alcoholism?
– My husband can’t deal with toddler behavior.
– Talk to me about working from home.
– Favorite everyday eyeshadow palettes?
– Can I interview in a slightly too-tight suit?
– Do I turn down a job to build my speaking business?
– DH has plunged into a bout of depression.
– I’m dating a new guy but we don’t have interesting conversations.
– My partner’s dog is ruining our relationship.
– My friend finds every office to be a bad fit.
– Should I go back to a previous employer?
– How do I adjust to my new job?
– My SO has been calling an old girlfriend.
– Suggestions for a solo beach vacation?
– How do you keep natural nails presentable?
– How important is a full suit for interviews?
– I need a suit for a Very Important Meeting.
– Should I have a separate work cell phone?
– DH needs a more casual wardrobe!
– How do I tell my beloved coworkers I’m quitting?
– Seeking tips for working after kids go to bed.
– BF, a heavy sleeper, and wants me to wake him up.
– I made a big mistake at work.
– Is my work outfit dated?
– How to with someone who ignores deadlines.
– CA and TX law firms vs. NY law firms.
– How do you budget and plan for travel?
– My new legal assistant is not doing a good job.
- Does anyone know if there is a way to take CLE classes online for free?
- What would you do all day if you had little to do at work and were able to work from home?
- Do you think that it’s possible for each partner in a relationship to pursue their careers to the fullest, or does one partner’s career have to cater to the other’s career in the interest of taking care of children?
- I work in a tiny office and sit right beside my boss’s office, so I can hear everything she does. She eats constantly.
- How do I make more working mom friends? My two close friends both recently decided to become SAHMs.
- I regret returning to biglaw and am thinking about applying to litigation boutiques and in-house positions.
- What do you typically bring with you to an internal interview when you work very closely with the interviewers?
- I work at a midsize law firm where everyone signs their letters “very truly yours.”
- I’d love to hear stories about lateraling from one firm to another.
- I really enjoy my current litigation work and very likely would make partner in 5 years if I stay, but the hours are brutal.
- I inherited a gorgeous heart-shaped diamond necklace and the diamond is over 3 carats. Is it tacky to wear it to work?
- How do you get from home to day care to work without getting covered in snot and peanut butter?
- How much does it matter what you wear to interview job candidates?
- When is it too early to change jobs?
- Litigators, can you give me your best tips for dealing with truly awful opposing counsel?
- How sustainable is it to have a job with a fair amount of travel (30-50%) while pregnant and after giving birth?
- What did your parents do really well during your childhood?
- Has anyone successfully asked for a demotion?
- Has anyone had memory problems like this? I forget things/tasks completely.
- How do you keep your holy day and balance it with children’s activities and sports?
- Does anyone have good party themes/ideas to have about 14 work colleagues over to your house for the first time?
- I got pulled into HR this morning to have a very uncomfortable conversation about whether I am being sexually harassed by a coworker.
- My husband is not organized and sometimes works from home. I’d like to figure out a way to corral all his stuff.
- How long did it take you to feel settled into a new job?.
- What do you wear when you think you’ll look frump-tastic regardless?
- I’m struggling to figure out what a good third piece/topper looks like for casual outfits.
- What does this interview question mean: “How do you organize your time, particularly when you have a number of deadlines around the same time?”
- How would you move forward with intern candidates who may not be qualified?
- How do I dress now that my body has been turned upside down throughout and after pregnancy?
- I am considering lateralling from Biglaw to a midsize firm in either Boston or NY.
- What’s your office’s sick leave policy?
- How much did you clean out your office before maternity leave?
- I was given a contingent offer and am being asked for my salary expectations.
- What do you do when drama seems to be overtaking your life?
- Where do high-income working women buy suits?
- What would be your response to someone who insists that it’s necessary to make $500k/year to be “comfortable?
- How do you guys deal with really bad bosses?
- If you needed a job/cash immediately, what would you do?
- I arrived into work late as I had a morning meeting, and yesterday I got an email saying “I notice your time says 7 hours but you came in at 11:40 AM.”
- We have a “winter weather day” in Houston and I’m home with young kids who need constant supervision.
- I need two pairs of dress/work pants (14/16) for everyday workwear.
- Anyone work from home full time?
- I’ve hit it off with a colleague of mine and we have a joking, brother-sister type of relationship.
- Can I ask my coworker to email me when I need something? He pops by my desk frequently.
- When asked in an interview why I’m looking to leave my current job, is it appropriate to say compensation?
- Would you suggest giving advance notice, or waiting until 2 weeks before my leave date aka the day certain client commitments are over?
- My manager accidentally sent me a bonus spreadsheet of a fellow manager.
- What are some fun things your summer program does that we might be able to replicate?
- I have found it hard to motivate myself to study after a long day at work in a fairly switched-on role.
- Does anyone have any book recommendations for how to best manage people?
- Would you have any issues using a male cleaning person?
- I’m applying to a job in another city, and I cannot figure out what to do about references.
- Stable 45 hrs., workload comes and goes, downtime, salary low 6 figs: How does one go about finding one of these jobs?
- Need some serious tips on how to organize my email. I work at a large firm.
- Anyone have lunch ideas for an office that doesn’t have an easily accessible refrigerator or microwave?
- Found out last night that an awful partner in my biglaw firm’s satellite office is going to be fired soon for sexual harassment.
- I am good at my job but do not love it.
- What made you decide to go for partnership and when did you make the decision?
- How do you deal with being the youngest and least experienced on your team?
- My dad has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s. We are looking into support groups and resources.
- Is this a situation that I need to just manage better from an employer perspective, or is it time to start finding a new nanny?
- I have a really big job interview and am so anxious I’ve gotten sick a couple of times.
- Tips on how to speak slower and more deliberately?
- Today, I HATE being a working mom. I know by Monday I’ll feel differently.
- I’ve never done intern interviews before.
- I have an interview coming up and I’m struggling with confidence.
- Curious how many people celebrate Christmas without going to church. And why?
- Any advice for getting through a firm holiday party without drinking?
- How do you all handle job searching over long periods of time?
- If your kids are out of the house now, do you ever regret not being a SAHM when they were younger?
- One of our legal assistants just chewed me out for using “her” table.
- If you could afford it, what would you buy to spoil yourself?
- I’d like to send holiday cards to some of my former colleagues.
- How do I entertain a teenager in Seattle?
- How do your partner and you communicate to dos?
- Any tips for making it through the day on 3 hours sleep?
- My husband mostly works from home. When I get home from work he is READY TO TALK.
- My sister is single and learned that the last egg of her frozen eggs didn’t successfully fertilize.
- My DH is a professor at a fancy school but hasn’t upgraded his wardrobe since grad school. He wears orange Crocs every single day.
- For those of you with weekly or bi-weekly house cleaning services, much do you tip for the holidays?
- Are there things that you do to make yourself a more interesting person?
- I make good $, but my cash burn rate is shockingly high (a lot of which I feel is on basics like mortgage and child care).
- Making adults in cocktail attire leave their shoes at the door? So annoying to me.
- We have kids, and as they get older it just gets harder.
- Has anyone turned a rejection into an offer, either from the same org or at another?
- Advice for dealing with aging parents with no savings or retirement to speak of?
- Would you wear something to your office that your coworkers have made fun of others for wearing?
- I started a new job this year and annual evaluation time is approaching. I successfully negotiated for a higher starting salary, but I’m worried that’s going to be a sticking point related to my performance.
- DH is starting a new work-from-home job and is looking for some help on how to structure his day.
- I’ve been potentially uninvited from Litigation Related Thing. I’m the junior attorney in a two-person department.
- Any tips when talking with someone you supervise who comes off as arrogant?
- Looking for unique and useful holiday gift ideas for my coworkers that cost about $2 or so each.
- My standard gift as a manager has been a bottle of nice wine and a $100 Starbucks or grocery store gift card.
- How do you make really tough decisions?
- I hate doing a bad job at being a mom. I hate doing a bad job at work. I hate that expectations are so unrealistic.
- Don’t use your kids or family problems as a reason to dump all over me, and then shame me for not understanding.
- Any tips for learning how to have better posture when sitting and in daily life?
- Best career advice books?
- Does anyone have any experience with marrying someone from a completely different culture?
- Please share with me your awesome, “I WAS HIRED IN DECEMBER!” stories.
- Does anyone else have problems managing their time at the office?
- What do you do if you feel like your husband’s job is destroying your sanity but he refuses to leave?
- I’m irritated that people can’t be adult enough to send a “I had a nice time but I don’t think we’re compatible” text.
- I cannot ask my husband to do anything without pushback or flat-out refusal.
- I work late and don’t leave until after 11pm. I have a healthy dinner, but I have gotten into a terrible habit of picking up something to eat on the drive home.
- What do you ladies wear to keep warm on top?
- I was just told that I am being offered a new job (internal). I’m pregnant, but it is too early to mention.
- Are your standards higher when evaluating potential online dating matches?
- Were any of you given formal training in law school about interpersonal interactions?
- I am going to have a full life reset shortly –- new job, new city, new apartment — and need new routines.
- I struggle with time management.
- Lately I’ve found myself with a ridiculous amount of ironing to do, but I line-dry many of my clothes so the dryer method doesn’t work for me. Any other tips on transitioning to a no-iron wardrobe?
- Does anyone have advice for what to wear to your first day at a new job?
- How are you solving the balance of chores and/or emotional labor in your household?
- What’s something you haven’t told anyone or wouldn’t tell anyone or haven’t even admitted to yourself?
- My car is dying on me and I have decided it’s finally time for a replacement.
- I’ve been casually dating a guy for a couple of months. He’s great in some ways, but he’s so boring.
- I found out a former student of mine has completely plagiarized a project of mine that she originally worked with me on
- Partner track was never something on our radar. Mental health and family or the grind and prestige that comes with it?
- What do you do when things are going really well?
- What is your go-to bag for carrying to work events?
- What are your methods for preventing blisters?
- How much can you push back on internal customers/clients sending you things last minute?
- I recently started working with a totally unreasonable partner who makes every interaction needlessly unpleasant.
- Any advice on how to live your life and accept the fact that you may not find a partner?
- My husband left the stove on twice in the same week, and now I must check the stove twice before I leave the house.
- Less than 2 months to my wedding, and my future MIL is driving me crazy!
- My sister-in-law (wife of my brother) became acutely and severely psychotic over the weekend.
- My husband and I had planned to start TTC this month. My BFF just told me she’s pregnant.
- I got a major haircut before an interview.
- We are choosing between a house close to family in a quiet area and a house 20 mins. away in a more interesting area.
- What are the pros/cons of being a partner with a guaranteed payment vs. being an employee of the partnership?
- I’m getting pushed out of my firm (2009 grad, lateraled here from another firm). Small market in small city in Midwest.
- My ex is trying to keep my property and has hired a lawyer who sent me a letter claiming that my stuff is actually his.
- We can get a hefty discount on high-quality custom-tailored suiting in Italy — but I am about 3 months postpartum.
- Has anyone read the article “Motherhood Is Not a Woman’s Most Important Job”?
- I’m always so curious about what everyone else uses for skincare!
- I’m catching heck about the school district we live in.
- Here’s my “how can I improve my finances” question.
- I’m 19 months into infertility treatments, and suddenly everyone around me is pregnant.
- Several of my coworkers are on a cleanse/protein-powder-only diet. All they do is talk about it.
- Is there a way to communicate to my biglaw office that my planned “vacation” is a mental health break?
- I am a 3rd-year associate assigned to a new partner from the satellite office. I find him very attractive.
- Is it rude to walk fast in an office?
- I’d like to get some life insurance but not sure where to start.
- Doesn’t anyone do anything semi-spontaneously anymore?
- How do you handle kids selling stuff door to door?
- Today is pay day and there will not be money deposited in my account.
- I’m going to be running for a local office this year in New England.
- My husband is finally willing to enter a dual diagnosis inpatient program to deal with anxiety/alcoholism.
- Any suggestions for professional shoes for a bad back?
- Somehow I survived BigLaw with small children. Now that they are in school, they are hating how they don’t get vacations when their friends do.
- I need recommendations for brightening/concealing the under-eye area.
- We are trying to figure out how best to invest an inheritance (assuming it goes through as planned).
- I’ve applied to multiple places, but how do I go to interviews when I’m traveling Mon.-Thurs.?
- I just read a book (The Obesity Code) that extolled intermittent fasting as a good solution for weight loss.
- So I am loving all of the off-the-shoulder tops I’m seeing, but what kind of bra do you wear with them?
- Getting married in a couple months and fiancé owns our house. I’d like to legally own the house as well.
- I would love to hear the hive’s opinion on pharmaceutical companies.
- What do you say when you’re “naturally thin” (for lack of a better term) and people ask about your diet and exercise routine?
- I need some good, polished-looking flats (or very low heel) shoes for everyday work.
- I asked my bf what the happiest period in his life so far had been. His answer was when he was together with his ex.
- Is it acceptable to apply to multiple job openings at the same company?
- My SO was carefree when we met. It turns out that he has major untreated anxiety.
- Despite being pretty high-functioning 98% of the time, I have a messed-up relationship with alcohol.
- My dad died when I was a teenager, and my mom is narcissistic.
- What are your tips for dining alone while traveling?
- What would you say makes an outfit look “Mumsy” rather than classic?
- Building on the Pence dinner thing, what is your personal rule?
- Are you all of the opinion that your shoes/your walking should not make noise as you “clomp, clomp, clomp” down the carpeted hallway?
- There have been a few good discussions on here lately about whether it’s worth it to have kids.
- My husband has a child from a previous marriage, and I struggle with talking to her.
- Curious about the right way to balance a situation with my husband and new baby. We apparently have very different ideas about when baby requires a response.
- Favorite spring nail polishes?
- Is there any type of jewelry you think is very out of fashion and should be avoided?
- If you had five weeks to do anything, what would you do?
- How do you make yourself stop (online) shopping?
- What are your best tips for phrasing things in a constructive way when you disagree with someone and it’s time to end the conversation?
- I hate when young women don’t realize that the dressing standards are different then school.
- I previously posted about my work situation where my manager just said she will not be pushing to get me promoted. I got the promotion.
- Any suggestions for long podcasts/series I should download to my phone?
- Does anyone really have it together? Is confidence a myth?
- Many years ago, a then-close friend told me I wouldn’t make a good mother.
- What do you recall being the hardest time in your life and how did you get through it?
- Has anyone else had to keep reminding people they’re saving time off for a long trip somewhere?
- I need to email clients letting them know the dates of my maternity leave and the plan for who will be handling their matters.
- How do you end a lifelong friendship?
- I mentioned to my mother that I’ll decide about a PhD. She said, “Who knows, maybe you’ll be in a relationship by then — PhDs are time-consuming, and you may want to focus on getting married.”
- My regular moisturizer is not up for the task of winter.
- My baby is now 5 weeks, and I was hoping my supply would have increased by now.
- I’m going to a wedding in Dallas in May. I’ll be 7 weeks postpartum and breastfeeding.
- I’m aiming to do my part to support female writers, including women of color, and get away from my white-male-dominated bookshelf.
- I’ll be going to grad school. Would it be foolish to take out a loan to keep my place for a few years or should I just suck it up and get roommates/live at or below my means like everyone else?
- I’m clerking and will return to my original big law firm this fall, right around the time we plan to TTC. Is it a mistake to come back and then announce a pregnancy within four or five months?
- Does it make sense to stay at a firm just to take advantage of maternity leave?
- Do you think quitting your full-time job and joining a temp agency, doing their jobs, will be career suicide?
- I need book recommendations for an upcoming beach vacation.
- My BigLaw escape plan was to do a BA-to-RN program.
- This is a crazy rat race! I envy the town of 2,000 where people aren’t going nuts all the time.
- If you could have done one thing differently in your career/personal life, what would it be?
- What does everyone’s skin care routine look like?
- Left biglaw on decent terms, though I personally was bitter about not making partner. I decline most alumni events but agreed to go tonight. Normally I’m fine with this but am just having a hard time.
- I’m finishing my PhD soon. What are the parameters within which I can refer to myself or be referred to as Dr. Lastname?
- How do you turn off your agitated mind to sleep?
- Are manicures necessary to look professional?
- Which rental amenities are must-haves?
- Anyone planning to participate in the general strike on Wednesday?
- Are good fighting habits with a partner something that can be learned?
- I’m once again feeling really compelled to attend law school. I enjoy advocacy but wish I could have more of a direct impact in the courtroom.
- I have been diagnosed with endometriosis though I have no symptoms. Second scan today revealed that my cysts have doubled in size, and so I will go for laparoscopic surgery.
- If your friends invite you to sales parties, how do y’all respond?
- For anyone who’s been through a negative life-changing event, did you find it permanently changed your worldview?
- I had a falling-out situation with a friend that resulted in him disappearing/not talking to me. I just saw yesterday that this person blocked me on social media.
- I’m mentoring a 19-year-old who was sexually abused. She wants to be a speaker about her experience and rising from it.
- How do you handle dinner checks at girls’ night out?
- Currently in BigLaw with working spouse and two school-aged kids. I feel like we are always stressed for time, peace of mind, etc.
- After a year and a half, I no longer trust my partner.
- I have relatively new tenants who have shown themselves to be a little high maintenance.
- My coworker is so nosy. Anybody have similar experiences?
- I’m a bridesmaid for a wedding, and the dress has a very low back.
- I’m on a consulting engagement at a company. One of the employees is out all week because her father died suddenly. Is it appropriate for me to reach out in some way?
- For you coupled ladies, do you feel like you put effort into finding your partner/you were “looking,” or it just “happened”?
- Does anyone else ever worry that their job may be lost to automation someday?
- I know I should send an email/happy new year message to the folks I would like to be my future references, but even that seems overwhelming and intrusive.
- I just started at a new firm and they have Casual Friday including jeans. Any outfit suggestions for this kind of thing?
- An administrative assistant I worked with at one time used me as a reference without asking me first.
- I am about 30 lbs. overweight, gained during a rough year. I can’t fit into any of my lovely clothes!
- Has anyone ever done flex time at a large law firm?
- Fiancé asked his sister yesterday (via text) if her daughter could be a flower girl. She responded: “Fine, but she won’t wear a dress.”
- How do you quit a job?
- I need to decide when to start my maternity leave ASAP and I haven’t even thought about it.
- How much do you save per month BESIDES 401k/IRA/retirement?
- There was a post a few days ago about the upcoming budget and whether federal employees felt secure in their jobs.
- In a new open office environment. I feel like the message is… Do your incredibly demanding and complex job, with someone talking in your ear the entire time.
- Does anyone have any tips or scripts for suggesting therapy to your partner?
- I’ve been having problems with stress and anxiety for the past few months.
- I have a stepchild who really wants to pursue medicine and will be entering college soon. I am trying to lobby for State U for undergrad.
- Need some advice re: marriage counseling.
- Any ideas on how to take a break from work when you can’t really have one?
- Any recommendations for fun bridal shower activities that aren’t cheesy?
- How should I make the most of the spring/summer of my clerkship before returning to Biglaw?
- So, what do you do, what’s your salary (or range), and do you feel fulfilled with where you are in life/career?
- How do you cope with just not feeling successful AT ALL?
- I’m interviewing for a job in Minneapolis. I’ve lived in Boston and Chicago most of my adult life.
- If I get an offer, I’ll tell my boss that I’d like to start working remotely at least a couple days a week.
- I’m thinking we could really use an after-school driving nanny from the first year we have a middle schooler until the younger one is old enough to drive.
- Ever feel jealous of wealthy friends who have it all handed to them and then act like they earned it?
- I hate that we save all these miserable chores for ourselves!
- Any tips for getting through the workday with the physical symptoms of depression?
- Do you do chores/errands on the weekends? A weekend feels wasted to me if all I do is chores.
- Can one of you explain the “my taxes, my money” American thought process?
- Would you keep a smaller emergency fund if you had the option to stop paying your mortgage?
- Do all of you with more experience think that formatting with extreme attention to detail is a valuable use of time?
- I have decided to prioritize comfort more in my work wardrobe.
- Any advice for getting more protein into my diet?
- I am currently trying to decide whether I want to apply to grad school programs this fall or wait another year.
- I’m trying to save money in every way I can before I got to law school in the fall and dont have money for various luxuries.
- I’m pregnant with my first child and would like to start saving for her college education. Is a 529 the best way to go?
- A male colleague who is only slightly senior to me is constantly treating me like his secretary.
- After years of soul searching, I have finally decided to leave private practice as an attorney.
- I’m looking for anecdata re: whether women were able to keep up breastfeeding once they returned to work.
- Does anyone have any suggestions re dealing with a super-mercurial boss?
- Can anyone recommend good natural or organic makeup brands?
- I’m afraid if I list my performance evaluation score from my current job I won’t get this new job.
- Are any ladies still active on our MyFitnessPal group?
- Gee, thanks, J.Crew, for sizing all the way to XXXS, but not larger than XL.
- I’m really struggling with my wild, aging hair.
- Any good jobs/careers out there for millennials who don’t want to be tied down to an office for set hours everyday?
- Please tell me your tales of Queen Bee/frenemy bosses.
- I’ve never had two active job offers at the same time. Which do I choose?
- I woke up and read the news and I am so distraught I don’t know what to do with myself.
- I’m firing an employee for the first time this week. Any advice? I feel guilty, even though I shouldn’t.
- My boyfriend of 6 months told me last night that he doesn’t always feel happy to be in the relationship.
- I broke up with my significant other on Monday night. In the end, there was one big dealbreaker along with the fact that things had been slowly eroding between us for some time.
- I live in a deep blue state. Does it make sense for me to call/write my representatives?
- I’d like to support investigative journalism efforts during this terrible Trump presidency.
- I always feel like I’m “doing it wrong” because no one else in my age group wears tights.
- Do any of you ladies use a Roomba or other robotic vacuum?
- My husband hates his job and his profession and wants to retire.
- Guys, my husband was just diagnosed with Stage 1 melanoma.
- How have you handled a job search for both spouses?
- Who else marched on Saturday?
- Ladies, it’s that time of the year again where we post our clothing expenditures for 2016.
- I canceled my engagement over the weekend.
- How do you handle interviews while still employed?
- I recently received a bad Airbnb review as a guest.
- I have to give myself daily injections in the stomach for the next 7 months.
- Fifteen more years to finish my crushing law school loans.
- I currently work in HR and I am also an NFL Cheerleader. I am in the process of updating my resume.
- For those of you who are still paying off your student loans, do you donate to your school(s)? Why or why not?
- Regarding Chelsea Manning, where do you draw the line between treason and whistleblowing?
- Has anyone who loves international travel and exploring new places made it work with a long-term partner who isn’t interested in travel?
- Any easy tips for organizing recipes?
- Both my husband’s and my 10-year college reunions fall on the same weekend.
- I’m debating about buying another hand mixer vs. a stand mixer.
- I’ve recently realized that my liquid eyeliner ends up getting inside my eyes and my sinuses because I tightline.
- How do you exfoliate? How old are you? What type of skin do you have?
- I have an interview tomorrow and would love some insight.
- There are a couple questions in this thread about family pressuring people to have kids. I do NOT want to be that auntie, but I am curious what my nephew and his fiancé are thinking about.
- Any stories of awesome things that happened to you because you weren’t married young or because you married/partnered after age 30?
- I’m aiming to take 3 weeks off to travel. I’d like to actually do something as part of the traveling.
- Donald Trump tweeted about his support of L.L. Bean. Guess who won’t be buying L.L. Bean anymore?
- How much of your income would you estimate that you spend on groceries?
- I’ve seen a lot of people on here and other places praise the ACA for requiring coverage for breast pumps. I feel like that’s a total waste of money.
- Laptop bags that fit my 14″ laptop?
- How do you deal with the loss of a friendship?
- Recommendations for a low-carb breakfast other than eggs?
- Pros/cons of wearing hair up vs. down for my wedding?
- My mother has repeatedly claimed that she wants to be involved in wedding planning, but every time I tried to involve her she complains or shoots down my ideas.
- My fiancé lost his job, and his unemployment is lasting longer than expected. Our extravagant honeymoon seems less and less likely.
- Looking for some perspective advice on inequitable distribution of household responsibilities.
- How do you guys deal with jealousy?
- How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
- There are several people who I rarely talk to but had me as bridesmaids in their weddings. We were close at one time; now, not so much. Would I invite them to my wedding? I honestly don’t know.
- I grew up going to HBCU sporting events and really enjoyed the bands and step shows. I have this fear of being the only white people there and not doing it right.
- Please post your 2016 financial accomplishments and 2017 financial goals! I need some motivation!
- My fiance and I are setting up our wedding registries.
- My husband and I are heading to London and Paris in March for vacation. I have a million ideas for things to do, but zero info about places to eat.
- I don’t think I’m compatible with a man I recently met on a dating site, in an introvert/extrovert way. Am I overthinking this?
- Is there anything that you wish you did before moving in that we can ask our contractor to do?
- Any good style sites or easy style upgrades from warm to Chic Snow Lodge Lady (but in a city worker sort of way) or even chic winter office attire?
- My older dishwasher has stopped effectively cleaning dishes.
- I would love some suggestions on board games to play with two couples.
- Has anyone from a HCOL area ever decided to relocate to a LCOL area purely for financial reasons?
- I can no longer deny the fact that I shop at least somewhat compulsively.
- What is your firm’s time entry deadline?
- Since my wedding last year, I’ve been asked to be a bridesmaid in three weddings. For each of them, the bride unilaterally chose a dress that was above what I thought was reasonable to spend.
- I have lovely in-laws, but I don’t have much of a relationship with them.
- A new attorney I hired dresses on what I would consider the border of the sexy vs. work-appropriate line. Do I say something?
- All glasses make me look severe and nerdy and I want to look awesome and nerdy.
- My new cat cries ALL NIGHT.
- Any advice for dealing with getting laid off in big law?
- What do you think is the most versatile, timeless wallet color?
- Can we do a reader poll of in-house salaries here?
- How do you deal with healthy eating on a typical long workday with tons of temptations and unpredictability?
- Is it normal when a cat spends a lot of time in the litterbox?
- What are your favorite one-skillet meals?
- I started a new job with a small crown corporation three weeks ago. The work itself is my dream, but I don’t have any peers.
- Is wearing makeup to work an expected professional norm?
- How long does it take to do your professional/daily hair?
- I stopped getting my period and OB/GYN told be to go back on the BCP to make me regular. Now I’m considering going off the BCP to see what happens. Any same experiences?
- Headed to NYC with a good friend for a girls weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday in early January.
- My cousin is looking for someone to help her select colleges and review her essay.
- For New Year’s, I want to become more organized in my home.
- Favorite Christmas/Hanukkah/holiday present that you got? Favorite that you gave?
- What to bring to a intimate “New Year’s Eve” gathering at an old friend’s house?
- Holiday cards: Do you send them? How many?
- What were your favorite books you read this year?
- For holiday cards, is it common to include pictures of the couple and new baby taken immediately after birth?
- I need to get some kind of concrete tips on slowing down/de-stressing my life.
- Question for those who didn’t change names. How do you do your address labels?
- I am a complete misanthrope when it comes to people knocking on my door on behalf of organizations.
- My senior daughter was just rejected from her “dream” college.
- How would you support a friend after she went through a terrible divorce and custody battle, if it was her fault and you don’t agree with her?
- My husband has expressed interest in losing weight, but he basically wants me to be his personal diet coach.
- My husband has been diagnosed with depression and generalized anxiety disorder. He takes meds for these but has been extremely spotty in going for counseling.
- What messages do you send to get responses in online dating?
- Would you be weirded out or offended if you got a holiday card from a couple with no indication that they’re expecting, and then a few months later they announced they had a baby?
- We are flying from Newark to DFW this weekend and it looks like a huge storm is going to be rolling into DFW when our flight arrives. How does one get on an earlier flight?
What was your favorite threadjack? Do tell…