All of our posts are special to us… but if you’re curious what the top-read posts on Corporette are (according to Google Analytics, at least), check ’em out below… don’t miss our special “Start Here” page if you’re new to the blog, also!
Top Posts of All Time*
*as of 12-19-18
1. Guide to Basic Women’s Suiting
2. The Guide to Comfortable Heels
3. 10 Things to Know About Wearing Button-Down Shirts
4. Pantyhose for Work
5. What Not to Wear To… a Black-Tie Affair
6. Business Casual for Women (Without Being Overdressed)
7. How to Style Long Hair for Job Interviews (newly in top 10!)
8.The Corporette Guide to Suits(newly in top 10!)
9. Guide to the Best Tops for Under Women’s Suits (back in the top 10!)
10. 12 Easy Updos for the Office (newly in the top 10!)
Top Posts of 2018
1. The Best Women’s Suits of 2018: Affordable, Designer, and Everything In Between
2. A Review of Amazon Prime Wardrobe
3. Four Weeks’ of Work Outfit Ideas
4. The Best Commuting Shoes in 2018
5. The Hunt for Jardigans: Jacket/Cardigans for Everyone
6. The Hunt: Cute Flats for the Office
7. The Best Work Bags for Interviews, Commutes, Your First Day of Work, and Beyond
8. The Hunt: The Best Sleeveless Tops, Shells, and Blouses for Work
9. The Hunt: Classic Sheath Dresses for Work
10. What to Wear to Work in the Winter
See more of our favorite posts of 2018 here.
Top Posts of 2017
1. My Magnetic Lashes Review of One Two Cosmetics
2. Courtroom Attire for Women Lawyers
3. The Best Tote Bags for Work, Interviews and More
4. Work-Appropriate Nails: Length, Shape, Color and More!
5. 6 Resume Rules for 2017 That You May Not Know About
6. Wardrobe Essentials for Work
7. When is a Dress Too Short for Work, What’s Modern, What Shoes Work, and How to Deal if You’re Tall or Short
8. How to End Your Emails (And: Do You Think It Matters?)
9. Workwear Inspiration from House of Cards: How to Get Claire Underwood’s Style
10. Four Types of Comfortable Flats Every Professional Should Own — Even if You Hate Ballet Flats
Top Posts of 2016
1. 30 Workwear Brands You Probably Haven’t Tried
2. Professional Tote Bags for Work
3. Style Tips for Busty Women
4. Plus Size Suits, Petite Suits, and Tall Suits
5. “Dry Clean Only” Clothes and How to Wash Them
6. Going Out Clothes After 25
7. Suits for Women: An Overview
8. Sleeved Dresses with Pockets: The Workwear Unicorn (And Perfect Conference Attire)
9. Stylish Work Sneakers for Women
10. The Best Work Clothes for Different Body Types
Top Posts of 2015
1. How to Style Long Hair for Job Interview
2. Pantyhose for Work
3. How to Wear Black and Navy Together
4. Wearing a Dress & Blazer — Instead of a Suit
5. Creating a Capsule Wardrobe for Work
6. What to Wear to a Holiday Office Party
7. Tips for Whitening Teeth and Nails
8. How to Look Stylish and Professional at a Business Casual Office
9. Easy Office Updos
10. When Is It Time to Stop Wearing Tights?
Top Posts of 2014
1. What To Do About Your Work Email After You Quit
2. Must a Blazer BUTTON To Fit?
3. Comfortable Heels for Wide Feet
4. Are 4″ Heels Too High for Interviewing?
5. Which Undies Are Best for Avoiding VPL?
6. Feeling Too Fat to Interview?
7. Professional Frump: What to Avoid
8. Quick, Easy Hairstyles (from guest poster Lindsey Frederick)
9. Professional Image, Outfit “Compliments,” and Confidence at Any Size (from guest poster Kathryn Rubino)
10. How to Wear Heels (If You’re Used to Flats)
Top Posts of 2013
1. Business Casual for Women – Without Being Overdressed
2. Is Ombre Hair Professional?
3. The Best Button-Down Shirts For Women
4. How Often Can You Repeat Your Outfits at Work?
5. The Best Camisoles for Layering
6. How to Look Professional in Flats – All the Time
7. How to Wear Cropped Pants to Work
8. What’s YOUR Annual Clothes Budget?
9. The Best Simple Sheath Dresses
10. When Do Girly Clothes Become Unprofessional?
Top Posts of 2012
1. Do You Have to Wear Pantyhose in the Summer?
2. Tattoo Sleeves — in the Workplace
3. Sheer Blouses: Some Don’ts Should Stay Don’ts
4. The Best Graduation Gifts for Friends
5. Professional Watches for Women
6. How to Do Black Tie on a Budget
7. The Best Bags for Walking to Work
8. How to Build a Professional Wardrobe for $150 (from guest poster Cassie Boorn of Ask a PR Girl)
9. How to Dress Professionally with a “Bubble Butt”
10. Flared Pants, Hems, and Commutes (with The Corporette Guide to Hems)
Top Posts of 2011
1. What Not to Wear to the Office
2. What Not to Wear as an Intern or Summer Associate
3. What to Wear Beneath a Suit Jacket
4. Diamond Rings and the Working Girl
5. Taking a New Job While Pregnant
6. Emergency Reader Email: Maternity Leave Email (and other messages)
7. Which Stores and Brands Work Best for Different Body Types?
8. How to Resign Gracefully
9. “Comfortable Casual” for a Heat Wave
10. Administrative Assistant’s Day: A Poll
Top Posts of 2010
1. The Intern with the $9000 Handbag
2. The Quest for Comfortable Heels
3. Can You Give Unsolicited Fashion Advice to Interns?
4. Big News — And Introductions
5. Guest Post: Advice from the VP/Hiring Manager Level
6. Calling All Tuckers
7. An Attitude Revamp (Or, How To Get Your Groove Back)
8. How Not to Gain Weight Over the Summer Recruiting Season
9. Some Thoughts on Frump
10. Will Flats Fly in Court?
Top Posts of 2009
1. Building Your Wardrobe For Your Summer Internship
2. Open Thread: Ponytails at the Office: Yay or Nay?
3. The Hunt: Appropriate Bags for Summer Associates
4. Poll: When Wearing A Collared Shirt and Blazer, Does the Collar Go Out or In?
5. Corporette 101: The Old Mirror Trick
6. What to Wear When You’re Laid Off and Looking
7. How to Wear Silk Scarves?
8. Reader Mail: Can I Take Leftovers From My Business Lunch?
9. A Bun in the Oven and a Mother in Court
10. Emergency Mailbag: Should she “Friend” her boss on Facebook?
Top Posts of 2008
1. How to Leave Your Internship With Grace and Style
2. Ten Things About Interviewing
3. What to Wear to Work on the Weekend
4. How to Dress Professionally if You’re Busty
5. Are Visible Tattoos Ever Acceptable For Professional Women?
6. Clothing Staples To Keep In Your Office
7. Poll: Holiday Presents for Administrative Assistants and Secretaries
8. What to Wear on Interviews Generally
9. 10 Things You Should Know About a Business Lunch
10. 10 Things to Know About Wearing Button-Down Shirts