– Glamour looks at Hillary’s make-up on the campaign trail.
– Bunnyshop blogs about cute business-card holders.
– J.D. Bliss blogs about What Women Lawyers Really Want.
– Ms. JD blogs about whether long hair is unprofessional. (We don’t think so here at Corporette, but neatness is KEY — we’ll be discussing!)
– Business Week blogs about why there aren’t more women on boards of companies, as well as about how young people can seem more “grown up” in the business world (like, you know?).
– Inc.com blogs about how self-employed women are more educated.
– Lifehacker blogs about the importance of cleaning your keyboard. (Ewwww.)
– Feministing blogs about Madonna’s impact in the feminist world. (We love her here at Corporette. I get up again, over and over…)
– And Jezebel. God, Jezebel, how we love thee. They lament the death of fast-talking dames in Hollywood. They play dress-up Barbie with potential First Ladies. They bring our attention to great new articles regarding, ahem, strong women.
– WSJ also had a great article about how stay-at-home mothers are filling in for executives on a temp basis. Although the Jezzies think otherwise, we at Corporette think it’s a great option — these women are probably working for 2 months (at intense levels and hours) and bringing home enough to count as a small second salary for their homes. They’re also keeping their skills, expanding their networks, and they still get to be stay at home moms. Providing they’re paid well, we see no downside.
– Finally, Forbes has its quarterly “Executive Women” issue out, available online, now. It’s target audience is the woman a few rungs above us on the corporate ladder, but it still has some interesting features. Including a great fashion spread that teaches you how to mix white and beige.