2019 Update: The Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale has started — check out all our workwear advice and Nordstrom sale roundups to make the most of the sale! Also, sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of all the great sales!
The below content is about the 2015 Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale.
Happy almost-Memorial Day, you guys: Nordstrom’s Half Yearly sale has started. There are a ton of great workwear pieces in there, including brands like:
- Boss (so. many. good. pieces, including suiting pieces marked 30-50% off)
- DvF (including a number of the brand’s silk pieces)
- St. John Collection
- Max Mara
- Tahari (all lines, including suits from Elie Tahari — these under-$100 dresses from Tahari both look nice, too)
- Classiques Entier (including suits and several of their ponte dresses)
- Kate Spade New York
- Eileen Fisher
- Armani (including suiting pieces, such as this one, or this one)
- Halogen (including this recent Suit of the Week pick, as well as lots of great work-appropriate pants and pencil skirts)
- Various Hall of Fame pieces are on sale, including the Vince Camuto Cap Sleeve Tee (8 colors down to $29ish), the Pleione Faux Wrap Blouse (8 colors, down to $20-$39), and the Pleione Mixed Media Tunic (7 colors, down to $34)
- On the casual/weekend note, there are a ton of nice–looking jumpsuits — know your office before wearing one to work though!
Some particular pieces that caught my eye…
- Trouvé Print Pull-On Pants – I have been wary of the track pant trend for work, but something about these printed pants look lovely. Were $84, now $50; know your office before wearing them for any sort of a big day.
- Vince Camuto Contrast Yoke Ombré Print Sheath Dress – Only petite sizes left, but look how purty! Was $139, now $69.
- Ivanka Trump Seamed Ponte Sheath Dress – I’m surprised there isn’t a bigger selection of Ivanka Trump clothes or dresses, but I do like this seamed ponte dress — lucky sizes 10-14 only. Was $134, now $80.
- Marc New York by Andrew Marc V-Neck Fit & Flare Dress – The model has an odd stance here, but it looks like a great dress regardless. Was $148, now $88, available in both black and blue sizes 0-14.
- Vince Camuto Cotton Blend One-Button Blazer – This Vince Camuto jacket is kind of a classic — it comes out in different colors every season. I like the pretty blue color right now (it’s also available in full price in black). Was $150, now marked to $89 for regular and petite sizes, and $98 for plus sizes. (See our Plus Size Workwear page for even more fresh picks from the Nordstrom sale!)
- NYDJ ‘Alana’ Stretch Crepe Sheath Dress – NYDJ has a ton of nice looking crepe dresses, many on sale — I like that this one is hand washable, and still available in most sizes 2-12.
- Eileen Fisher Mélange Linen Open Front Cardigan – This linen cardigan from Eileen Fisher looks kind of perfect for the summer. It comes in two colors of blue, comes in petite and regular sizes XXS-XL, and is marked to $130 (down from $218).
- Classiques Entier® ‘Sunmosa’ Drape Neck Ponte Dress – I think this is the prettiest ponte dress, and at $135 it’s a great price. It comes in regular and petite sizes 2-16, and four colors including black, navy, pink, and teal. It was originally $228.
- BOSS ‘Rodera’ Colorblock Pleat Front Shirt – I featured this one over at CorporetteMoms today both because I love it and it’s machine washable. Score. It was $260, but is now $159.
- BOSS ‘Iladi’ Notch Neck Top – This notch neck top is different, and lovely for the summer — it feels more structured than a regular tee, but less gapey than a blouse. It was $275, now $165.
- Classiques Entier® Pinstripe Suit Jacket – There are a TON of suiting deals to be had at the sale, as mentioned above — this blue pinstripe jacket from Classiques Entier just looks so classic. Love it. It was $298, now $178; the matching pants are down to $118.
- Diane von Furstenberg ‘New Jeanne 2’ Print Silk Jersey Wrap Dress – As mentioned above, TONS of DVF at the sale. I like this bright, happy silk wrap dress — was $398, now $238.
- Veronica Beard Print A-Line Skirt – I’m still drooling over the dress from Monday, so I was intrigued to see a bunch of Veronica Beard pieces in the sale. This is my favorite — a black and white midi skirt. It was $450, but is now on sale for $270 (limited sizes, alas).
- L’AGENCE Contrast Panel Pleated Crepe Dress – This crepe dress looks lovely, and — to me at least — walks that delicate line between feminine and floaty, and professional. It was $525, but is now marked to $315.
- Max Mara ‘Ottavo’ Jersey Sheath Dress – Max Mara continues to blow me away with their simple, classic sheath dresses. This gorgeous one, with an almost stripey print, is marked 40% off — was $765, now $458.
- Armani Collezioni Fitted Piqué Jersey Jacket – This fitted pique jersey looks perfect for summer — classic, wear it with everything. It was $1,345, but is now marked to $575.