12/25/21 Update: The Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale has started — see our sale roundups and reader favorites included in the sale! Also, sign up for our newsletter to stay on top of all the great sales!
The below content concerns the 2019 Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale.
Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Boden is always my go-to for fun prints, and the blue and green pattern on this skirt feels fresh and lively without looking too busy. For an office on the more business side of business casual, I would style this with a white blouse and navy blazer.
In a more casual setting, I would love to see this paired with a yellow or magenta top.
It’s made from what Boden describes as “power-stretch fabric,” and reviews suggest that you may want to size up to keep it work-appropriate.
The skirt is fully lined and machine-washable.
For an interesting print that’s available in plus sizes and plus petite, try this skirt at Talbots (also comes in regular and petite).
Deal Alert: The Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale just started! We’ll be rounding up some of our top picks for work later today, but in the meantime, here are a few quick picks…
- a $58 Boden dress with sleeves and pockets
- a lovely Boss dress with an unusual print for $166
- a beautiful Ted Baker dress for under $200
- tons of new markdowns for Kate Spade and a pretty nice selection of AGL sale items
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 12.8.22: (Our favorites are in bold!)
- Nordstrom – Up to 60% off, with new markdowns on coats and shoes!
- Ann Taylor – 30% off your full-price purchase; 50% off full-price sweaters
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 15% off with code (through 12/12)
- Eddie Bauer – 60% off select cozy styles; 50% off outdoor gifts
- Elie Tahari – Extra 30% off with code; coats starting at $99
- Eloquii – 50-60% off all dresses & tops; extra 50% off all sale
- Express – 40% off everything
- J.Crew – 50% off your purchase; extra 60% off sale
- J.Crew Factory – 50% off everything; extra 60% off clearance; extra 20% off outerwear
- Lands’ End – Up to 70% off your order with code – reader favorite wool dresses and pants come down to under $60 (plus sizes too!); ponte dresses start at $30.
- Loft – 50% of your purchase (through 12/7)
- Madewell – 40% off your purchase
- Neiman Marcus – Designer Sale: Up to 50% off — also, $50 off $200
- Talbots – 40% off your purchase
Gift Ideas for Men:
- American Giant – Readers have always recommended their hoodies (Kat’s husband loves his and the tees are nice also).
- Lululemon: Their pants are big sellers for men!
- Ugg – Kat’s husband loves this hoodie.
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
- I drank too much at family Thanksgiving and need to work out my redemption tour for Christmas
- What did everyone buy on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?I’m wondering what kind of paid work to do in retirement…
- Share your secrets with me if you’ve gotten a fully remote job recently…
- I divorced my husband for reasons other than abuse/infidelity – how long until my kids stop hating me?