This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Racked recommends five beauty brands that don’t test on animals, including Girlactik, pictured here.
- The New York Times shares style tips inspired by French women—just in time for Bastille Day.
- The New York Times also reports that the Paris fashion destination Colette will close in December after 20 years.
- The Huffington Post reports that Speaker of the House Paul Ryan announced plans to update the decades-old House dress code after its recent criticisms. Meanwhile, The Cut reports that Rep. Martha McSally commented about the dress code on the floor while wearing a sleeveless dress and open-toed shoes.
- The Muse offers advice on how to focus on your successes early in your career.
- Medium shares a CEO’s response to a web developer’s “mental health day” email that has gone viral.
- NPR’s Marketplace examines why job interviews are getting more involved.
- FiveThirtyEight reports that while Silicon Valley sexual harassment cases are in the headlines, “thousands of other cases of sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination … get much less attention—and often don’t result in firings or resignations.”
- The Huffington Post reports that private companies are stepping up their game on a global scale when it comes to protecting the health of women workers.
- Bustle reports that Culture Machine, a digital entertainment company in Mumbai, India, is offering “First Day of Period” leave for employees.
- The Cut also shares results of a new study from the Pew Research Center regarding online harassment. Surprisingly, more men than women have reported being harassed. Not surprisingly, women are more concerned about online harassment.
- Vice reports that Abbi Jacobson of Broad City has started A Piece of Work, a podcast about art featuring her celeb friends RuPaul, Hannibal Buress, Tavi Gevinson, and others.
- Laugh of the Week: To celebrate the new season of Game of Thrones, The New Yorker released a sneak preview of George R.R. Martin’s not-quite-polished upcoming novel.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- Our Week in the Life of a Working Mom series continues with a week in the life of a land services agent for a utility company, who has anxiety and shares that having a routine is something she values for her 3-year-old daughter and for herself.
- Kat and our readers shared when and how they decided how many kids to have.
- Kat explored how to dye your eyebrows with men’s mustache dye.
- Kat shared some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.