Coronavirus-Related News & Resources
- The New York Times explained that when people are deprived of peer interactions, their social skills suffer.
- Inc. provided tips for making your Zoom calls more productive.
- The Washington Post talked to people making the decision of whether to quit their gym or yoga studio — and dealing with losing the sense of community there.
- Meanwhile, The Cut recommended at-home workouts from Canadian fitness YouTuber Emily Thorne.
In Other News…
- The Guardian commented on Kamala Harris wearing sneakers on the campaign trail.
- New Scientist noted that jeans pollute water by releasing 50,000 microfibres per wash.
- People reported that Lord & Taylor is going out of business almost 200 years (!) after their founding.
- Elle rounded up 34 Black-owned shoe brands to check out.
- Fashionista shared dermatologists’ biggest pet peeves regarding how their patients treat their skin.
- Bloomberg reported that, among 500 large-cap U.S. mutual funds, those with at least one third of manager positions held by women have beaten those without women by 1 percentage point in 2020.
- The New York Times shared the experiences of four people who came out about their disabilities.
- An attorney wrote at Medium about how to mitigate threats to votes and voter registrations before November.
- The Lily published an essay suggesting that we celebrate both the decision to have kids and the decision to remain childfree (h/t to a reader).
- Your Laugh of the Week comes from Points in Case, with Your State’s Simple, Straightforward, And Easy-to-Understand Unemployment Benefits Questionnaire.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We asked readers, “What was your child’s room before they were born?“
- We took a look back at previous CMoms posts, including seven weird things you didn’t know you could borrow from libraries and parent back-to-school stress (ha, little did we know…).
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.