Liking these posts? Follow Corporette on Twitter — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale.)
– We were kind of disgusted with this article: “The Brokenhearted Babes of Wall Street.” Yick. [NY mag]
– Awesome! Women in law — including the lawyers — make $.78 to every $1 a man makes. This reminds us of that funny old Laurie Anderson song (video embedded below — fast forward to around 2:05 if Laurie isn’t your cup of tea but you still want to figure out what the heck we’re talking about.) [Above the Law]
– Sad news: Charles Whitebread, which was one of the few bright spots in an otherwise boring summer of watching videotaped BarBri lectures, has passed away. More info at AtL.
– Meetings got you down? Try this video game. Yes, it’s dark and violent, but some days you really do feel like you’d rather kill yourself rather than attend another meeting. [Five Minutes to Kill (Yourself)]
– Finally: on a lighter side of things, New York Magazine features 130 different kinds of eyeglasses, if you’re on the hunt for a new stylish pair. [NY Mag]