Liking these posts? Follow Corporette on Twitter — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale.)
– Our new Solicitor General, former Harvard Law dean Elena Kagan, is fine with being called “General” but is still pondering what to wear for her first argument. [Law.com] Of course, she might not be SG for very long, what with Souter retiring — but then again, some people think that Kagan or other potential nominees wouldn’t be good fits because they’re overweight. Yes, seriously. [Jezebel]
– The WSJ advises mothers on how to get their daughters to dress appropriately for their first jobs. Duh, send them to Corporette! [WSJ]
– If you travel a lot, a variety of networks exist to help you both network but also to enjoy the sights during your travels. [NYT]
– Interesting article on the difference between MBAs and entrepreneurs. [Business Week]
– Everything you need to know about personal finance on one page. [The Simple Dollar]
– Greatarticle on how to eat well without thinking. Our favorite tip: eat dessert. [Women’s Health]
– How to recycle your shoes, electronics, and more. [Wise Bread]
Heck yes, send your daughters here to get clothing advice. Takes one more thing off the list of how mom has to be annoying.
The “Kagan’s fat so she shouldn’t be on the S.Ct” discussion makes me feel ill.