I was intrigued to get a press release from new company Clarison, where they have a ton of shoes, bags, and gloves in matching pastel colors — very Jackie O. Just looking at the homepage made me feel more ladylike! Some of their shoes are on sale — these gray ones with a 1.25″ heel look fab for work, particularly if you want SOME heel but not a ton. They’re normally $250, but they’re on sale for $179. Jackie Heel
What are your favorite TV shows for work fashion, ladies? Are there any fictional characters who repeatedly have the perfect look for work? I’m starting to think about another series of posts that looks at the best-dressed fictional TV women and ponders how to steal their look. Probably not their exact look down to the exact dress and shoes, because other sites do that, but more like general style notes and tips. I’ve already got Selina Meyer of Veep on the schedule for late April, and I’m debating between Claire Underwood and Jackie Sharp when House of Cards premieres later in May — what other TV shows are you watching where you love the work clothes? Which TV shows feature the best work fashion? Any plus-size characters (or, heck, any medium-size characters) you’d love to include? Any interest in including not-in-our-timeline characters like the lady politician, Chrisjen Avasarala, in The Expanse? (Here’s a link to the actress’s IMDB page with lots of pictures.)
Another question: Is there interest in expanding the series to women IRL like news anchors and/or politicians, or is that too LadyPockets? I will note that I’m not very interested in snarking on real women IRL because they have other things to think about beyond their clothes, whereas with fictional characters, the clothes are part of the way of telling the story — but this series is intended to be a more positive take on our old 360 Review series.
So let’s hear it, ladies — which are the best work fashion TV shows?
I spied this pretty green flare dress from Hobbs a few weeks ago while doing one of our Hunt roundups, and even though I doubt it would work on my curvy body type (self-belted looks never do), I still think it’s a pretty look for work if you like the way it fits you. I love that there are pockets and sleeves, and the keyhole neckline is interesting without being revealing. It’s $290, but you can take an additional 20% off online until Feb. 25 with code PRES20. Lois Dress
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
(Looking for more Presidents’ Day sales for workwear (many of which are still going on)? Here’s our full post. Notably, the Nordstrom Winter Sale continues until Feb. 26, and the Uniqlo sale we blogged about yesterday ($9 for cashmere!) is still going on.)
(FYI: we’re in the midst of updating our affiliate link disclosures. This post doesn’t actually contain any.)
We did our major roundup of Presidents’ Day sales (with shoutouts to the Nordstrom winter sale and other noteworthy sales like Bergdorf’s, Neiman Marcus, and Last Call), but the deals at Uniqlo are too good not to note. Only lucky colors are available, in Uniqlo’s usual size range (they generally run small), but some crazy deals to share:
Pictured at top:
- Ribbed turtleneck dress in a merino blend, was $39.90, now $9.99.
- White cashmere sweater, was $79.90, now $39.90. Six colors still available.
- Extra fine merino ribbed turtleneck sweater, was $29.90, now $19.90. Tons of colors left, 4.5 stars.
- Cashmere blend v-neck sweater, was $49.90, now $9.90. Available in off-white and navy.
- Cashmere blended stand collar coat — was $149.90, now $49.90. Three colors still available; 100% cashmere.
Thank you for your support; this post contains affiliate links.
Happy Presidents’ Day Weekend, ladies! Of course the Nordstrom Winter sale is the big sale going on right now, but what else is notable among the many stores having sales this weekend? I started rounding these up today and got a bit carried away — there are some great sales going on. The seven sales that I would check out first are in bold. Happy shopping!
Thank you for your support: this post contains affiliate links.
Monday updates are in red. Readers, have you seen any great sales so far?
Pictured: Flickr / pagedooley (colors modified a bit and cropped).
- 6pm – Presidents’ Day Clearance, starting at 60% off MSRP! Plus, Clearance Closet!
- Amazon – Dresses for under $100, handbags and wallets for under $50.
- Ann Taylor – 40% off all full-price styles plus 50% off all sale styles!
- Anthropologie – Extra 40% off all sale items!
- ASOS – Get 20% off with code PREZ20.
- Banana Republic – 40% off your purchase.
- Bare Necessities – Super sale, bras $17.99 and up.
- Barney’s Warehouse – President’s Day Sale, plus clearance!
- Bergdorf Goodman – Prices up to 75% off, including Akris Punto, The Row, Vince, and more!
- Bloomingdale’s – Take 20% off sitewide.
- Boden – Up to 70% off clearance! Final sale only.
- Brooks Brothers – Women’s Clearance! Plus, 3 for $159 shirts, and fall accessories 60% off.
- Club Monaco – 25% off all women’s trenches, plus tons of items added to sale section.
- Dressbarn – Now up to 70% off. $9.99 tops and sweaters, $12.99 pants and skirts, and $14.99 dresses.
- Diane von Furstenberg – Tons of dresses 50% off.
- Express – 40% off everything.
- EverEve – Semi-annual clearance sale, up to 70% off + free shipping on all orders over $50.
- Henri Bendel – Up to 40% off, this weekend only. Plus, $100 off every $400 spent on FPM, and $50 off every $200 spent.
- JC Penney – Presidents’ Day Event, extra 30% off $100 or more, or extra 25% off under 100.
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase.
- J.Crew Factory – 50% off everything! Prices as marked. Plus, free shipping with code HALFSIES.
- Lands’ End – Friends & Family sale; 30% off your order.
- Last Call – Presidents’ Day sale, one day only: save up to 85% off clearance. Plus, huge savings on premier designers from Neiman Marcus, including Giorgio Armani, The Row, Burberry, Tom Ford, Chloe, Saint Laurent, Michael Kors, and more!
- Loft – Flash sale: sale on sale, extra 60% off! Also, 40% off all current styles.
- Lord & Taylor – 5 day specials, now through Monday. Plus, up to 80% off clearance.
- Macy’s – Extra 25% off + free shipping at $49, or $10 off your purchase of $10 or more.
- Madewell – Extra 30% off all sale styles.
- Naturalizer – Extra 25% off sale; prices already reduced up to 70%.
- New York & Company – Today, pants & jeans doorbusters, with winter clearance 60-80% off. Dresses $25+.
- Nordstrom – The big winter sale has started — see our roundup here.
- Nordstrom Rack – Now until Feb. 20: Clear the rack! Take an extra 25% off clearance.
- Neiman Marcus – Clearance items as much as 90% off!
- Off5TH – Presidents’ Day Weekend Extra Cut; take an extra 25% off select clearance.
- Rebecca Taylor – Enjoy an extra 25% off sale online and in stores with code Feb 25.
- Reiss – Final reductions, up to 60% off.
- Shopbop – Prices up to 70% off!
- Talbots – End of season clearance! Extra 70% off markdowns; up to 80% off original prices.
- Target – Presidents’ Day sale! 25% off clothes, shoes and accessories!
- Trina Turk – Spring savings, save $75 off your full price purchase of $350.
- Uniqlo – Shop the lowest prices of the season. Cashmere sweaters down to $9-$39, merino sweaters down to $9-$20.
- White House | Black Market – Take an additional 40% off most sale styles with code 50458.
- Zappos – Tons of new markdowns in their clearance section!
This Rag & Bone blazer is very highly rated at Nordstrom. A number of reviewers are using the word “cozy” to describe it, which is not something I would normally think of for a wool blazer, but rather, itchy and stiff. This one is apparently super comfortable and is the kind of thing that people say they could wear every day. Note that it’s labeled “dry clean” and not “dry clean only.” It’s available in off white and black for $495 in sizes 0-12. ‘Club’ Wool Blazer
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]