Ladies, as I mentioned earlier, the Nordstrom sale is good. I did a fuller roundup for workwear earlier in the week, but I thought I’d mention some great weekend basics I just spied in the sale: tons of Splendid tops, 15-25% percent off. Not a huge sale, admittedly, but these shirts are some of my favorites for the weekend, and they’ve been on every “best of” list for the past thousand years — they’re soft, they wash well, and they last. Pictured here: the deep V neck, the turtleneck (the thin jersey turtleneck is a growing trend — if you don’t have one I’d suggest picking one up!) and a simple white tee. They’re $34 to $43, at Nordstrom.
Happy weekend! As you may know it’s Columbus Day weekend, which means a lot of sales — some noteworthy ones we’ve seen include:
- 6pm’s featured sales include MICHAEL Michael Kors, Clarks, Frye boots, and running shoes. (Tons of reader favorite MICHAEL flex pumps down to $54.)
- Ann Taylor is 50% off sitewide.
- Anthropologie is offering an extra 40% off sale.
- Brooks Brothers is offering an additional 25% off your purchase. (Lots of great stuff, particularly in Red Fleece.)
- Club Monaco is offering an extra 40% off sale.
- Express seems very excited about its “buy 1 get 50% off” EVERYTHING sale.
- J.Crew is offering 40% off sale styles (and a ton of other styles are 30% off).
- J.Crew Factory has 50% off everything.
- Last Call has an extra 30% off everything.
- Loft is offering an extra 40% off everything.
- Talbots is offering 30-40% off everything, and an extra 30% off markdowns.
- Zappos seems to be having some unannounced sales — some Stuart Weitzman shoes are 20-30% off (including these highly rated purple block pumps), some Cole Haan sales, and tons of Frye clearance.