The ankle strap sandal trend is going strong this season, and I love these nude-for-me shoes from Miz Mooz. The texture is awesome, and I love the velcro, as I’ve somehow reached the stage of life where I need weekend shoes that I can put on with one hand. (They’re very similar to last year’s Panthea, which I own and are cute and comfortable.) I actually love all of the other colors are awesome as well — that turquoise! that coral-ly red! They’re $99 at Zappos. Miz Mooz Papaya
I’ve mentioned a few of the big sales already happening (e.g., see my picks for the Nordstrom & Bergdorf Goodman sales) — but there are so many other ones already happening that I thought I’d do a quick roundup. The seven sales that I would check out first are bolded!
- 6pm: Cole Haan up to 50% off; workout clothes also up to 70% off. Their “sophisticated silhouettes” sale features savings of up to 82% offf brands like Anne Klein, Calvin Klein, Donna Morgan, Ellen Tracy, JNY, Kenneth Cole New York, Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique, Tahari by ASL, and Vince Camuto. Nice.
- Bare Necessities: up to 30% off select swimwear, plus BOGO 50% off Bras and more
- Big Drop NYC: Take an additional 20% off sale items with code 20OFF.
- Bloomingdale’s: Big Brown Bag Sale! Save 20-65% on select merchandise, and get 15%-25% off regular clothing (buy more save more).
- Bluefly: Memorial day sale, up to 85% off 5000+ designer clearance items.
- Banana Republic: 35% offf yoour purchase with code BRDIVEIN.
- Brooks Brothers Clearance Event: Save up to 60% off on men, women, Black Fleece, and more. Sale ends Monday at 11:59 PM EST.
- Canvas: 30% off all styles, plus free shipping on $50+.
- CUSP by Neiman Marcus: save up to 40% off regular prices.
- Club Monaco: 30% off all markdowns, and free shipping on all orders.
- Coach: Semi-Annual Shoe Sale!
- DVF: 30% off sale items with code WKEND30.
- eBags: Memorial Day Sale, up to 50% off brands like Cole Haan and Kate Spade New York.
- Eloquii: Take an extra 75% off clearance prices; all final sale, everything must go. The entire site is now 50%-75% off.
- Express: 40% off every single item.
- Henri Bendel: Get $25 towards every $150 you spend with code MAY25HB.
- Inhabit: Online sample sale, up to 80% off select styles.
- J.Crew: Buy more save more, get $30-$75 off your purchase with code SHOPNOW.
- French Connection: Memorial Day Weekend Sale, take 25% off online with code S13MEM.
- Intermix Online: Take an extra 30% off all sale for savings of up to 70%.
- Jones New York: Additional 30% off sale styles for savings up to 75%.
- Journelle: Semi-annual sale, only online.
- Kate Spade New York: LOTS of new bags and more just added to their sale.
- Land’s End: save up to 50% on hundreds of spring and summer styles.
- Last Call: Extra 30% off entire purchase; extra 35% off all women’s apparel.
- The Limited: Take an extra 40% off markdowns with code SUNSHINE.
- LOFT: Enjoy an extra 50% off all sale styles.
- Loehmann’s: Biggest sale of the season, 25% off everything with code MEM25.
- Macy’s: extra 15% off plus free shipping with $99+.
- Madewell: 20% off tees, tanks and shorts, and free shipping on all with code SUMMERNOW.
- The Outnet: Summer sweaters up to 70% off.
- Piperlime: Sale on! up to 40% off.
- Rebecca Taylor: extra 25% off sale.
- Reiss: 30% off selected lines, online and in the store.
- Sierra Trading Post: Extra 20-30% off select items.
- Talbots: Take an extra 40% off already reduced prices.
- Theory: Lots of their classic suiting items are in the sale section, include the Gabe blazer, the Betty sheath dress, and the Max C. pant.
- Trina Turk: Take an additional 20% off sale (great prices).
- Zappos: Memorial day clearance sale, including Cole Haan clearance.
So it turns out Nordstrom is not the only sale in town today — my FB feed is filled with my blogger friends dying over the Bergdorf Goodman 5F Contemporary Spring Fling sale. And oh, it is good, ladies. The 5F contemporary sale is what’s being promoted, but if you cruise around the site you’ll see that there are some major deals in every section, with prices up to 75% off. Lots of lucky sizes left, but great prices — for example, this lovely Theory black/navy sheath dress in dark navy, only available in size 4 — it was $275, but is now marked to $96. Some of the brands I’m seeing well represented in the sale: Elie Tahari, Theory, Diane von Furstenberg, Alice + Olivia, Milly, Rag & Bone, Nanette Lepore, and Vince. A few picks, below (hover over the pics for more info): [Read more...]
As promised, I thought I’d round up some of my favorites from the big clearance sale going on at Nordstrom right now. I’ve also gone through and added previous recommendations (tons of shoes in particular) to the Corporette Bargains page. A few more notes:
- there is a TON of St. John on sale, for some reason — from classic sheath dresses and suit jackets to fun silky t-shirts; check it out if you’re a fan of the brand.
- Great work pants. There are just lucky sizes left in each pant, but the general selection is pretty good and I’d be surprised if there isn’t something for everyone. Just search on your size first…
- Some classic reader favorites are on sale: the Suzi Chin for Maggy Boutique Faux Wrap Jersey Dress (in plus sizes too), the Halogen Seamed Pencil Skirt (and the new Halogen Seamed Sheath Dress – lots of colors for $50), and the Shimera Seamless Camisole.
- Due to tech problems, I don’t think my previous recs on sale are showing up yet, so some of the great shoes that were previous recommendations, now on sale, include the Kors Michael Kors Ghita Pump, the Stuart Weitzman Daydream Pump, the Cole Haan Air Tali Wedge, the Geox Donna Marian 2 Pump, the Michael Michael Kors Pressley Cap Toe Pump, the Franco Sarto Cicero Pump, and the Joan and David Gardner Pump — oh yes, and the Kate Spade Alix Jacket.
Anyway, here are a few of my favorites from today’s sale — hover over the pictures for more info. [Read more...]
Our daily TPS reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
To be honest, I’ve never bought a lot of clothes from Pendleton — but the readers have so often sung their praises that I pay attention when they have a big sale. And ladies, the sale is ON. Lots of really cute pieces under $50, including a ton of conservative-but-fun skirts. You can make a few suits for less than $100, as well. I’ll do a quickie deal roundup as an update to this post in a few minutes, but for this morning’s TPS I’m liking this silk charmeuse dress in a floral/black pattern — I love that it’s fully lined and has bust darts. The dress was $178, but is now marked to $44; with promo code FRIENDS it comes down to $35.19. (!!!) Mix It Up Dress
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Update: Sale roundup below. As always, hover over the pics for info.
I’ve seen these glittery Cole Haan pumps on sale at a few places, and must say I’m kind of tempted — a low heel, a classic pump, plus glitter = the perfect thing to wear out for dressier events, whether it’s date night, a wedding, or even a gala. They were $178, but are now marked to $129.98; with code FRIENDS they come down to under $100. (They’re also on sale at Dillards, Neiman Marcus, and Amazon for $76-$129.) COLE HAAN Juliana Glitter Pointed Toe Pumps
More selections from the Lord & Taylor Friends and Family sale below — and I’ve also found a few more amazing sales from Brooks Brothers, Kate Spade, and Sephora also. (It’s been a productive morning.) (For all of the below picks, you can hover over the picture for the name/sale info). [Read more...]