The 2021 Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale has started, and I’m still sorting my picks — but we’re also running this as the Weekend Open Thread because there are SO MANY lovely, affordable tops like the ones above. I love elevated tees like this because they work in so many different domains — a nice upgrade to shorts for brunch with your friends on the weekend (or hey, even a chill first-date outfit!) — but they also work great with a business casual wardrobe as well as layered with more structured items for a more conservative workplace. And they’re machine washable, and everything above is under $25 on sale. Yay!
See further sale notes and favorites below… Happy weekend, everyone! Who’s going where? If you’re shopping this weekend, what sales are you most interested in?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
- Tons of shoes and bags from Ferragamo and AGL sale items, as well as accessories like shoes and bags from Tory Burch, Sam Edelman, Marc Fisher LTD, Dagne Dover, Tumi — and a TON of Longchamp, for some reason
- In terms of lingerie, don’t miss the sales on Commando, Wacoal, Chantelle, and Hanky Panky.
- In beauty, great deals on T3 — and I know a lot of readers are big fans of Mario Badescu stuff, and you can get a gift with purchase. If you’re a fan of Tom Ford makeup, this eyeshadow palette looks like a great one and it’s 50% off.
- Jeans from Frame, Good American, MOTHER, Paige, TopShop, AG, Wit & Wisdom, and more
- Great deals on workout items from Zella and Beyond Yoga, as well as winter outdoor brands like Icebreaker and North Face
- Specific workwear brands of note: There’s lots to love in the sale from investment brands like Hugo Boss, Theory, L’Agence, Rebecca Taylor, Lafayette 148 New York, Vince, Reiss, Co, and DvF — and a ton from affordable brands like Halogen and Vince Camuto. (Lots of nice things from Foxcroft, too, including tons in plus sizes.) Some of these finds may be a little party focused, but if you’re on the hunt or have a very feminine style, the sales may be for you: CeCe, Ted Baker, Maggy London, and Eliza J.
- For the weekend — lots of inventory from Rag & Bone and Marine Layer (I didn’t realize Nordstrom sold that brand!), as well as comfy weekend shoes from Sofft, Vionic, and UGG
- If you’re expecting (or have small kids), there are lots of nice strollers on sale! I always stock up on kids’ shoes in the sales since the Nordstrom return policy is so amazing.
Some of the most-bought reader items in the sale include:
- these pointy-toed pumps (down to $77)
- this cap-sleeved blouse in regular and plus sizes (down to $25)
- this plus sized popover blouse (down to $43)
- these comfortable, lightweight pants for work (down to $53)
In terms of specific products, here are some of my favorite…
Elevated T-Shirts for Work
I’m always a fan of elevated T-shirts — they look nice with most bottoms but are easy to take care of and wear. (If you’re on the hunt for weekend tees, this Caslon one is on sale for as low as $11 and is one of my favorites.)
More Great Tops for Work
There are also a lot of nice (and affordable!) tops and sweaters for work in general… Some of my favorites are below, but definitely check out the offerings from affordable workwear brands like Halogen, Vince Camuto, Foxcroft, and CeCe.
Affordable Dresses for Work
There are actually pretty slim pickings for affordable dresses this year — you can check out some of our favorites below, or check out the full offerings on sale from reader-favorite workwear brands like Halogen, Vince Camuto, and Foxcroft. If you’re on the hunt for desk-to-dinner type dresses, check out brands like CeCe, Ted Baker, Maggy London, and Eliza J.
Bags for Work in the 2021 Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale
Shoes for Work in the 2021 Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale
Investment Picks for Work
If you’re the type of person who prefers to buy fewer items but tries to get really well-made clothing with luxe fabrics and so forth, there are a ton of great picks to be had — and they’re still in the affordable, under $500 range. Some of our favorites are below, but there are a TON of sale items from Hugo Boss, Theory, L’Agence, Rebecca Taylor, Lafayette 148 New York, Vince, Reiss, Co, and DvF.