Linen can be a controversial choice for work clothing, but my opinion is that it’s great for summer Fridays when it’s too hot to care about wrinkles. This cream-colored utility dress from Theory is so chic, I wouldn’t mind if it looked a little rumpled at the end of the day.
I really like the concealed button-front (great for avoiding awkward peek-a-boo gaping) and the structural flap pockets. I would wear this with brown flats or sandals and be prepared to sneak out of the office a little early to enjoy the nice weather!
The dress is $395 at Theory and comes in sizes 00–16. It’s also available in “sprig,” a really pretty olive green color.
Two more affordable options are this Banana Republic dress on final sale for $97.97 (marked down from $149) and this linen-blend NYDJ dress, available in 0X–3X and on sale for $54.97 (from $139) at Nordstrom Rack.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales as of 5.11.21…
- Nordstrom – 4000 new markdowns!
- Brooks Brothers – sale styles up to 70% off!
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 30% off orders of $125+!
- Banana Republic Factory – 40-70% off everything!
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off sale styles.
- Ann Taylor – 50% off select full-price styles.
- Ann Taylor Factory – Up to 60% off, and 15% off a $100+ purchase.