This came across my social media feed recently, and I could see it being great for those times when you wish you could add sleeves to a dress: there’s a whole line of detachable petal sleeves called Henabee’s created by actress Alex Borstein (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Family Guy, Bunheads).
From the site:
Founder and creator, Alex Borstein, imagined a genius way to solve her red carpet woes. Days before an event Alex would find “the perfect dress” — but so often it would be sleeveless.
Instead of featuring her arms, Borstein prefers to let her décolletage take center stage. Once upon a time, she tried tacking a bit of lace fabric into the armhole of a sleeveless dress… and voila! Problem solved. After receiving tons of compliments on the red carpet, she quickly went to work designing the first pair of Henabee’s…
Borstein, a lover of fashion, has always been inspired by vintage burlesque and she wanted Henabee’s to have the same sexy and fun feel while adding a flourish to any sleeveless dress or top.
Nice! I could see the sleeves being great for those times when you want to add a bit more modesty to your dresses and tops for whatever reason.
The pictured version (Madeline) is $68, but there are several designs and options to choose from.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 1.27.23:
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off! (Kat’s note: I made a massive order a few days ago personally; lots of major markdowns with lucky sizes.)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles plus an extra 20% off; $30 off full-price pants, denim, and skirts
- Athleta – 20% off your purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything plus extra 15% off $125+
- Bloomingdale’s – Take an extra 50% off all items labeled EXTRA 50% OFF for a total savings of 70-80% (big discounts on Kooples blouses (for work) and Hervé Léger dresses (for play))
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Dermstore – Last chance sale (through 1/31) – take an EXTRA 10% off existing markdowns (including the ones 50% off) with code
- Everlane – Up to 70% off
- Hugo Boss – Final reductions: Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance
- J.McLaughlin – Extra 40% off sale
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 75% off
- Talbots – Semi-annual Red Door sale! Extra 50% off all markdowns
- Zappos – Winter Clearance! Check out these reader-favorite workwear brands on sale. (Ooh: and new hassle-free returns at select Whole Foods.)