Today at CorporetteMoms we’re talking about the recent article from The Atlantic, which theorized that all of the extra childcare and household tasks will fall disproportionately on women and set back feminism significantly — please come join the discussion if you want! For those of you not concerned with childcare, though, let’s discuss here —
- if you’re partnered, do you feel at all like the extra household tasks, like the huge pile of dirty dishes, are disproportionately falling on you? (SO. MANY. DISHES.)
- If you’re an extrovert, how are you coping with the lack of people — particularly if you live alone?
- If you’re in a tiny apartment, are you going stir crazy?
- What ways are you finding to connect with family, friends and neighbors that you don’t normally do? Italy famously had neighborhood sing-alongs, and Lifehacker just suggested ideas for social-distancing scavenger hunts; on a smaller level, I saw one interesting threadjack here about how people had set up virtual game night using Jackbox, and another on how people are having Netflix parties. What else have you found?
- In general, how’s quarantine going?