Today on CorporetteMoms we’re talking about how to handle tasks that neither you nor your partner want to do… and one of the big things that neither my husband nor I want to do is mop the floors.
We’ve had a regular cleaning service for the entire marriage, so it never quite came up before — but we stopped it in March 2020 and haven’t quite found a regular replacement. We’ve spot cleaned the floors, obviously, but neither one of us cares to mop entire floors on a regular basis.
My solution to this was to buy this robot mop from iRobot. I’ve had Roombas in the past, and to be honest, wasn’t that impressed. I remember them getting stuck under couches and not really working well in a mixed situation with hardwood floors, tile, and rugs. (Plus my husband is relatively obsessive/compulsive about vacuuming (thank goodness), so we haven’t needed to do it too regularly.
I got the smaller of the two mops iRobot offered (this was is $150 at Amazon; I believe the other is $350); we’ve since bought reusable cloth pads that seem to work well. It kind of buzzes in the background while I work, and the floors are markedly cleaner. It’s even inspiring me to sweep on a more regular basis so that I can then run the robot mop. It runs out of battery pretty quickly (two hours maybe), but that’s fine for the amount of attention I’m willing to pay to it.
Readers, do you have any cleaning hacks you love (or mopping hacks)?
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Psst: some of our favorite books on cleaning:
Workwear sales of note for 5.20.22…
- Nordstrom – 2,300 new markdowns!
- Gap – Extra 50% off sale styles; extra 10% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% off new arrivals; extra 50% off clearance; 20% off $125+
- Zappos – 34,000 sale items (for women)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase, including sale styles; 50% off hot-weather styles
- Talbots – Extra 40% off markdowns, 30% off full-price dresses, skirts, shoes & accessories
- Loft – 50% off tops & accessories
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles; full-price styles: 40% off 3+, 30% off 2, 20% off 1
- Lands’ End – 50% off swimwear; up to 60% off everything else
- Saks OFF 5th: Designer new arrivals up to 60% off; extra 40% off fine jewelry
- Bite Beauty: 50% off sitewide (final sale, as they’re going out of business, unfortunately)