I never understood why so many trench coats don’t come with hoods — aren’t you supposed to wear trench coats in the rain?
Ever since my first real lawyer paycheck, I’ve had a Burberry trench on my wish list. If I were to buy one right now, I’d get their Kensington Double-Breasted Trench Coat with Detachable Hood.
This coat has all the classic Burberry trench features — double-breasted front, belted cuffs, and an adjustable belt — and it even has the check pattern under the collar. I personally like the more relaxed fit, lightweight feel, and machine washability.
For a more economical option, take a look at London Fog’s Double-Breasted Trench Coat, on sale at Nordstrom for $124.90 (down from $168). It comes in sizes XS–XL and in black, burgundy, and khaki (limited sizes). The brand has a similar coat at Macy’s in sizes 0X–3X for $132 (down from $220); it’s available in black, khaki, lavender, and pale blue.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 4-9-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance continues up to 70% off.
- M.M.LaFleur – The Warehouse Sale: Up to 80% off
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Ann Taylor Factory – 50% off 4+ items; 40% off 3 items; 30% off 1 or 2 items; extra 20% off all clearance
- Ann Taylor – Tops & sweaters 50% off 3+; 40% off 1 or 2; extra 40-60% off all sale styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 50% off curated styles; extra 60% off sale
- Banana Republic Factory – 60% off tees; 50% off dresses; 40% off jeans; extra 50% off clearance
- Eloquii – 50% off tops, pants, shorts & denim
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Talbots – 40% off 3+ items; 30% off 2 items; 25% off 1 item