I always like to have a basic black dress on hand for days when putting together an outfit seems like more than I can handle. I love this black shirtdress because it looks both flattering and forgiving.
I would probably add some chunkier jewelry to add some visual interest, but the most appealing thing about this is that you really don’t need to do much to make it look polished.
The dress is $99.99 and available in sizes 10–18. It also comes in burgundy. Midi Modal Dress
An option in sizes 0–16 is from Lauren Ralph Lauren — it’s $125 at Zappos.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 4-23-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance continues up to 70% off.
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 20% off all clearance; extra 15% $100+
- Ann Taylor – 40-60% off full-price dresses, pants, denim & skirts
- Banana Republic – 40% off purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 70% off everything
- Brooks Brothers – 25% off sitewide
- J.Crew – Up to 40% off “dressy styles”; extra 50% off select sale styles
- M.M.LaFleur – Up to 80% off
- Loft – Extra 60% off all sale styles; up to 50% off spring must-haves
- Talbots – 40% off markdowns; $25 off pants