Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Talbots has been making this top for a really long time — I remember I had one in dark green about 1,000 years ago. The ruffled V-neck is wonderful for layering under lightweight sweaters, particularly ones with V-necks so that you’re matching the neckline shape, and it’s a really cute top, especially in yellow.
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: I love wearing yellow with gray because it bypasses the “bumblebee” look that can come with yellow and black and also avoids the preppy or sports-team vibes that you often get when you wear yellow and navy.
The top comes in four colors in misses, petites, woman, and woman petites sizes at Talbots. It’s $89.50 full price and is currently marked down to $67.12 — and right now, Talbots is having their Spring Style Event, which gives you 25% off your entire purchase.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (10/23/20):
- Ann Taylor – $75 for full-price dresses!
- Lo & Sons – Early Bird Sale: 40% off everything above $50!
- LOFT – 50% off your purchase & 20% off Lou & Grey — plus free shipping
- J.Crew – 50% off full-price styles & extra 60% off sale styles
- Saks Fifth Avenue – Fall Sale: Up to 40% off
- Neiman Marcus – Fall Sale: Up to 40% off
- Boden – 15% off plus free shipping
Reader Favorites on Sale: