Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
The J.Crew Resume Dress is a classic for a reason. The silhouette is flattering, the material has just a touch of stretch, and it has pockets! This spring, J.Crew has the typical gray, navy, and black, but this “transit green” color is a delightful seasonal addition.
I would wear this with a navy blazer with the sleeves rolled up for a preppy look, or with a white sweater for a spring look.
The dress is $188 and comes in classic sizes 00–24, petite sizes 00–12, and tall sizes 2–16.
J.Crew Factory has a more affordable alternative for $39; it’s available in classic sizes 00–20 and petite sizes 00–12 (with the latter only in stock in navy).
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 4-14-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance continues up to 70% off.
- M.M.LaFleur – The Warehouse Sale: Up to 80% off
- Anthropologie – Extra 25% off all sale items
- Ann Taylor Factory – Extra 20% off all clearance; up to 60% off latest styles
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles plus additional 30% off all sale styles; 40% off full-price shoes & accessories
- Banana Republic – Extra 50% off sale styles; 40% off full-price items
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 20% off purchase; extra 50% off clearance
- Eloquii – 50% off everything
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – 60% off spring faves; 50-60% off sandals; extra 50% off clearance
- Lands’ End – 30% off full-price styles
- Loft – 50% off your purchase + free shipping