This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 6.02.23:
- Nordstrom – The Half-Yearly Sale has started! See our thoughts here.
- Ann Taylor – $50 off $150; $100 off $250+; extra 30% off all sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything + extra 25% off purchase
- Boden – Sale, up to 50% off
- Cole Haan – Up to 50% off select styles; extra 20% off sandals & sneakers
- Eloquii – 60% off all tops
- Express – 30% off all dresses, tops, shorts & more; extra 50% off clearance
- H&M – Up to 60% off online and in-store.
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off “dressed up” styles (lots of cute dresses!); extra 50% off select sale
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; 60% off 100s of summer faves; extra 60% off clearance
- J.McLaughlin – The Sale Event: extra 30% off
- Loft – 40% off tops; 30% off full-price styles
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty.
- Shopbop – Up to 60% off sale
- Sue Sartor – Lots of cute dresses on sale!
- Talbots – 25-40% off select styles
Other noteworthy sales:
- CB2.com – Up to 40% off; pop-up sale up to 30% off
- Joss & Main – Up to 60% off, plus an extra 20% off with code
- Tuft & Needle – Save up to $775 on mattresses (Reader-favorite brand; Kat really likes hers!)
- West Elm – Up to 25% off in-stock furniture; up to 60% off clearance
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
And some of our latest threadjacks here at Corporette (reader questions and commentary) — see more here!
- Favorite comfy pants for an overnight plane ride?
- I’ve got a nasty case of tech neck…
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What’s the best commuter backpack?
- I’m early 40s and worry my career arc is ending…
- I canNOT figure out the proportions in this current season of fashion…
- How is everyone wearing scarves in 2023?
- What shoes are people wearing to work between boot and sandal season?
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What are some of your go-to outfits that feel current?
- I need more activities that are social, easy to learn and don’t involve extreme running/jumping/etc.
OK what is with the Pop-ups? I can’t even read the blog because Adobe just won’t take a hint after clicking “don’t install” 100 times!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it just my computer, or did this get posted twice in a row, with each post having a separate trail of comments? Wacky…
No, there were problems on the blog — I had set stuff up Tuesday night to post via a schedule, and then realized Wednesday morning that things were wonky on the tech side, so I tried to manually post stuff during the downtime — but then the tech side kicked in again and posted the ones that had been scheduled. Long story short: I blame the computer, and apologize for any inconvenience.
Not a fan of the jacket, as it’s a little young, but *love* the detail on the sheath. Maybe with a colored cardigan.
Love this suit! More than I’d spend, but the styling is great. It could work for so many occasions, and the day-to-night factor of the dress is excellent.
Beautiful and I like the neutral color. I only wish more dress suits were offered in the short-sleeved variety. Am I the only nervous sweat-er in court?
anon - chi
With the horizontal seam just under the boob area (for lack of a better term), I don’t think this would work on anyone who is very busty. I also don’t think the pleats at the neckline would be very flattering on anyone above a B cup.
I hate the 7/8 sleeves — Hated them in 1989 when they were last popular, still think they look like the jacket shrunk in the wash.
That said I like the idea of an outfit that really is appropriate for work and going to dinner afterward — I would have to try the dress on to determine whether I like or loathe the collar (I sense it’s a polarizing feature).
I love bracelet sleeves. I think they’re a very feminine detail & add a nice touch to the workwear uniform.
Two suggestions in a row with strange tummy-obscuring ruffles, following two posts about hiding baby bumps….Kaaaat, what are you trying to tell us? ;)
Please y’all…as discussed extensively in the comments in the pregnancy posts, other peoples’ reproductive plans/pregnancy are none of our business.
Sorry, Anonymous – it was this thing we call a “joke.” Apparently the tone did not come across on the internet; that was poor judgment on my part. Kat, sorry if that was offensive; I thought it was obvious that wasn’t meant as a serious question expecting a reply.
Ha! No, no worries. After that first one on hiding the baby bump I very nearly put a “P.S. NO, MOM, I AM NOT TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING.” But then I thought that might be misunderstood, and might distract from the actual discussion, so I didn’t.
(But seriously: Mom, I am not trying to tell you anything.)
haha… I hate when you get to a point in your life (or everyone in your life is at the point in their lives) where everything and anything you do and/or say is construed as leading up to a big announcement (having a baby/getting married)
Really pretty, but I have the feeling I’d be showing cleavage in the dress. Maybe not, though. Like the style/color a lot otherwise.
Love. This is a great cut for my body. Wish I was in the market for a suit at that price point.
This reminds me of everything at Ann Taylor
Gorgeous, and way more high-fashiony than Ann Taylor (not that there is anything wrong with Ann Taylor). I love it, but who can afford that much for a non-basic suit?
Kat, keep them coming anyway – just because something is expensive doesn’t mean I don’t want to look at if for inspiration.
Absolutely love this suit! Just “gawgeous”!
It’s strange that this item posted twice and the responses to this posting are so much more positive than the other one. Interesting, it makes me think that we are all influenced by other people’s comments than we realize!
Love this suit. It is perfect for spring and can go from day to night with a change of shoes and jewelry. Switch out pumps for strappy sandals and ditch the briefcase for a little clutch.