For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
It’s going to be really interesting what happens to traditional corporate attire when this is all done — The Atlantic is already saying the office dress code should die. I suspect it’ll be a combination of how long the stay-at-home orders continue, in how many waves — and in part on the health of the companies who make more traditional corporate attire, which has a lot to do with factors beyond whether or not they make cute clothes (supply chains, brick and mortar leases, how much cash they have on hand, etc, etc).
I know that right now during these strange times, many judges are still dressing up in traditional robes (and ties, for the men) — so I suspect for the moment the suggestion still holds that you should dress as professionally as possible if you have a job interview, court appearance, or other major work thing.
I like this Brooks Brothers suit because it has a traditional collar (great for Zoom!) and a subtle, flattering navy pinstripe — plus, it’s 30% off right now and available in petite and regular sizes up to 16.
Psst: Not a suit but FYI Ann Taylor has a TON of dresses marked down to $35 right now, including lots that were $129-$179. This pretty sheath dress would be my top pick, but this matte wrap dress is a comfy classic too.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales as of 07.29.21…
- Nordstrom – The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is now open to everyone! Check out some of our picks here.
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer markdowns up to 75% off
- Lo & Sons – Summer sale, save up to 50%!
- M.M.LaFleur – New sale styles added — save up to 80%
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off summer favorites; extra 50% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Extra 15% off purchase; 40-70% off everything
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 15% off 3+ accessories; extra 50% off clearance; up to 50% off dresses
- Loft – Dresses starting at $40; extra 60% off sale styles
- Ann Taylor Factory – Everything is $24.88 and under! (final sale)
- Ann Taylor – 30-40% off full-price tops
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70%