For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
If you’re hunting for an affordable, washable suit, do consider Banana Republic’s line of washable Italian wool suiting. It’s just the basics — suit, trousers, skirt, sometimes a matching dress — but they win rave reviews from readers and have been bestsellers for years.
Even better: The affordable suiting is available in petite, tall, and regular sizes 0–20. The pictured blazer is $198 full price, a matching skirt is $98, and the various different fits of the pants are $98–$110.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Hunting for more basic, mid-range suits for women? These are some of our favorites…
Workwear sales of note for 1.23.21…
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 60%
- Zappos – 34,000 sale items (for women!)! Try this link for some of the reader-favorite brands on sale.
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 50% everything; extra 60% off clearance;
- Ann Taylor – 30% off full-price styles; sale items up to 75% off original prices
- Bergdorf Goodman – Up to 75% off!
- Brooks Brothers – Up to 70% off, plus an additional 15% off (We stand by our post on what to buy at Brooks Brothers!)
- Talbots – Red Hanger Sale: all markdowns 60% off 2 or more; 50% off 1 (reader favorites include this cashmere sweater and this cardigan)
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 60% off tees, sweaters, and jeans
- Net-a-Porter – Up to 80% off!
- Universal Standard – Season Finale sale, 50-85% off 300+ styles
- Lands’ End – 50% off your order (big savings on outerwear for the family!)
- Eloquii – 40% off full-price styles