For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I always like cotton pique for summer suits: it’s a far sturdier fabric than linen, but the fabric breathes almost as much. I’m not a huge fan of short-sleeve suits, but I like this one: the lack of a collar is interesting, and the belt gives the whole thing a flattering, attractive shape.
It’s from a brand I’ve never heard of — Bigio Collections — so if you have experience, do please share.
The suit is $300 at Neiman Marcus. Short-Sleeve Pique Suit
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 1.27.23:
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off! (Kat’s note: I made a massive order a few days ago personally; lots of major markdowns with lucky sizes.)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles plus an extra 20% off; $30 off full-price pants, denim, and skirts
- Athleta – 20% off your purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything plus extra 15% off $125+
- Bloomingdale’s – Take an extra 50% off all items labeled EXTRA 50% OFF for a total savings of 70-80% (big discounts on Kooples blouses (for work) and Hervé Léger dresses (for play))
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Dermstore – Last chance sale (through 1/31) – take an EXTRA 10% off existing markdowns (including the ones 50% off) with code
- Everlane – Up to 70% off
- Hugo Boss – Final reductions: Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance
- J.McLaughlin – Extra 40% off sale
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 75% off
- Talbots – Semi-annual Red Door sale! Extra 50% off all markdowns
- Zappos – Winter Clearance! Check out these reader-favorite workwear brands on sale. (Ooh: and new hassle-free returns at select Whole Foods.)
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
- I screwed up badly on a webinar presentation for a major client – is there anything I can do to recover?
- Are people wearing jogger-type work pants to work anymore?
- What low-energy things can my DH and I do after work other than TV and doomscrolling?
- What are good hobbies, classes, or groups to meet men in?
- Do I need a button down white shirt with a suit for a law school interview, or is a neutral blouse OK?
- Can we talk about this AAM post where a woman asks if her employer can make her wear a bra?
- Has anyone left Big Law or similar job and regretted it?
- What advice are you dying to give — but no one has asked?
- Advice we’ve gotten from unusual sources…
- Would you rather marry a rich person, or someone you have a deep and emotional connection with