For busy working women, the suit is often the easiest outfit to throw on in the morning. In general, this feature is not about interview suits for women, which should be as classic and basic as you get — instead, this feature is about the slightly different suit that is fashionable, yet professional.
I was updating something for washable workclothes (probably our post on the best washable pants for work outfits) and found this lovely pale blue suit from Hobbs. (Hobbs is a great bet if you’re on the hunt for washable workwear; lots and lots of their clothing is washable, like the suit pants here.)
I like the classic cut and shape, as well as the fact that it’s crafted partially from recycled polyester with stretch for comfort. (I think that’s why it’s part of the “Hobbs Sustain” line.)
The jacket is $395 and the pants are $230; there is a pale pink version of the jacket marked down to $275. There’s a matching shift dress available at Hobbs.com for $315.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Psst: If you’re hunting for eco-friendly clothes to wear to work, check out major brands like Boden, Eileen Fisher, H&M Conscious, Karen Kane, Theory, Hobbs, and Ted Baker — Nordstrom also has a big section devoted to sustainable style! You can also check out smaller brands like Amour Vert, Cuyana, Everlane, Emerson Fry, Grana, Reformation and Wallis Evera.
Workwear sales of note for 1.24.23:
- Nordstrom – Dresses, sweaters, boots, and more, up to 60% off! (Kat’s note: I made a massive order a few days ago personally; lots of major markdowns with lucky sizes.)
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50% off all sale styles plus an extra 20% off; $30 off full-price pants, denim, and skirts
- Athleta – 20% off your purchase
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything plus extra 15% off $125+
- Bloomingdale’s – Take an extra 50% off all items labeled EXTRA 50% OFF for a total savings of 70-80% (big discounts on Kooples blouses (for work) and Hervé Léger dresses (for play))
- Brooks Brothers – End of season sale, up to 70% off
- Dermstore – Last chance sale (through 1/31) – take an EXTRA 10% off existing markdowns (including the ones 50% off) with code
- Everlane – Up to 70% off
- Hugo Boss – Final reductions: Up to 50% off
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off sale styles
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance
- J.McLaughlin – Extra 40% off sale
- Neiman Marcus – Up to 75% off
- Talbots – Semi-annual Red Door sale! Extra 50% off all markdowns
- Zappos – Winter Clearance! Check out these reader-favorite workwear brands on sale. (Ooh: and new hassle-free returns at select Whole Foods.)