Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
One of the unexpectedly delightful things about being a mid-career professional is seeing the workwear of my early 20s come back around again. I loved a wide-legged pant in the early aughts and I’m not ashamed to say that I’m also welcoming them with open arms on this go-around. This pair from Express (another early 2000s throwback for me!) is high-waisted with small pleats around the waist. They also come in a wide range of inseams (29” through 34”), so there’s no need for me to break out my extra-high heels to avoid dragging them in the mud.
The pants are $88 and come in sizes 00-18 in short, regular, and long inseams.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 12.8.22: (Our favorites are in bold!)
- Nordstrom – Up to 60% off, with new markdowns on coats and shoes!
- Ann Taylor – 30% off your full-price purchase; 50% off full-price sweaters
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything; extra 15% off with code (through 12/12)
- Eddie Bauer – 60% off select cozy styles; 50% off outdoor gifts
- Elie Tahari – Extra 30% off with code; coats starting at $99
- Eloquii – 50-60% off all dresses & tops; extra 50% off all sale
- Express – 40% off everything
- J.Crew – 50% off your purchase; extra 60% off sale
- J.Crew Factory – 50% off everything; extra 60% off clearance; extra 20% off outerwear
- Lands’ End – Up to 70% off your order with code – reader favorite wool dresses and pants come down to under $60 (plus sizes too!); ponte dresses start at $30.
- Loft – 50% of your purchase (through 12/7)
- Madewell – 40% off your purchase
- Neiman Marcus – Designer Sale: Up to 50% off — also, $50 off $200
- Talbots – 40% off your purchase
Gift Ideas for Men: