Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
I’m currently working on a project that involves a bunch of effortlessly chic women in their 50s and 60s, and I’m pretty sure they all have some version of this dress in their closet: a bold-colored, figure-flattering shirtdress with one or two beautiful details.
This red number from Hobbs London has a tie waist that gives it a perfect shape, while the bright red color projects a confidence and self-assuredness that may or may not be real. (Fake it till you make it, am I right?) I would add a navy blazer for a more formal office or some fun jewelry and shoes for a more casual vibe.
The dress is $290 at Nordstrom and comes in U.S. sizes 2–16.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.20.23:
- Nordstrom – 28,000 markdowns, and big beauty sale!
- Ann Taylor – Extra 30% off all sale styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50%-70% off everything + extra 20% off
- J.Crew – 40% off fall finds
- J.Crew Factory – 50%-70% off entire site, and extra 70% off clearance with code!
- Ministry of Supply – Shop fall workleisure, 25% off sitewide.
- M.M.LaFleur – Sale on sale, extra 10% off
- Shopbop – Up to 70% off, 1000s of new styles added
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Zappos – 18,500+ markdowns for women!