This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
There’s been a number of unfortunate stories in the news lately where travelers have been killed by carbon monoxide leaks — so I bought this little travel carbon monoxide detector for my family and our travels. We often Airbnb places with kids (and sometimes grandparents), and, to be honest, I haven’t given two thoughts to whether the carbon monoxide alarms are working in a house. (The ones in our house beep relentlessly if they’re out of batteries… which means I can see some traveler disabling them instead of replacing the batteries the way a homeowner might.)
(In at least one of the stories I heard, though, the carbon monoxide leak was at a resort, so this isn’t just a rental problem…)
I like that this one is under $25 and can be plugged into an outlet but has batteries in case of power outage. I just got mine so we haven’t tested it yet.
Question for those of you who travel more (or are more safety-conscious in general): Do you have a safety checklist for when you arrive at a new place, such as checking whether there is a working fire/carbon monoxide detector, or familiarizing yourself with where the fire extinguishers are? I’ll admit my “safety checklist” in the past primarily consisted of more baby-proofing type stuff when we were traveling, such as putting temporary bumpers over sharp edges and using plug-in plastic outlet covers.)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 12.7.23
Our favorites are in bold!
- Nordstrom – Holiday sale up to 50% off; up to 40% off selected designer styles
- Ann Taylor – 40% off your purchase & extra 15% off sweaters
- Banana Republic – 40% off your purchase; up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything & extra 20% off purchase; Gap Inc. cardmembers take extra 25% off
- ba&sh – Winter sale up to 50% off
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer sale up to 40% off; extra 15% off sale; complimentary same-day delivery
- Brooklinen – 25% off best sellers, up to 40% off bundles!
- Club Monaco – 25% off almost everything
- J.Crew – 40% off your purchase with code; up to 50% off coats; up to 60% off present picks
- Loft – 40% off your purchase plus extra 15% off
- Lo & Sons – Up to 50% off plus extended return policy — reader favorites include this laptop tote, this backpack, and this crossbody
- Sephora – 20% off purchase with code; 30% off all Sephora Collection
- Summersalt – Up to 60% off select styles (this reader-favorite sweater blazer is 40% off)
- Talbots – 40% off your regular-price purchase; 50% off all sweaters, coats, shoes & accessories; readers love this cashmere boatneck and this cashmere cardigan, as well as their sweater blazers in general
- Theory – Extra 25% off everything; extra 10% off with Apple Pay
- Theory Outlet – Last-chance styles 70-80% off; extra 25% off sweaters; readers love this T-shirt