This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Workwear sales of note for 6.02.23:
- Nordstrom – The Half-Yearly Sale has started! See our thoughts here.
- Ann Taylor – $50 off $150; $100 off $250+; extra 30% off all sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything + extra 25% off purchase
- Boden – Sale, up to 50% off
- Cole Haan – Up to 50% off select styles; extra 20% off sandals & sneakers
- Eloquii – 60% off all tops
- Express – 30% off all dresses, tops, shorts & more; extra 50% off clearance
- H&M – Up to 60% off online and in-store.
- J.Crew – Up to 50% off “dressed up” styles (lots of cute dresses!); extra 50% off select sale
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; 60% off 100s of summer faves; extra 60% off clearance
- J.McLaughlin – The Sale Event: extra 30% off
- Loft – 40% off tops; 30% off full-price styles
- Sephora – Up to 50% off select beauty.
- Shopbop – Up to 60% off sale
- Sue Sartor – Lots of cute dresses on sale!
- Talbots – 25-40% off select styles
Other noteworthy sales:
- CB2.com – Up to 40% off; pop-up sale up to 30% off
- Joss & Main – Up to 60% off, plus an extra 20% off with code
- Tuft & Needle – Save up to $775 on mattresses (Reader-favorite brand; Kat really likes hers!)
- West Elm – Up to 25% off in-stock furniture; up to 60% off clearance
Some of our latest posts here at Corporette…
And some of our latest threadjacks here at Corporette (reader questions and commentary) — see more here!
- Favorite comfy pants for an overnight plane ride?
- I’ve got a nasty case of tech neck…
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What’s the best commuter backpack?
- I’m early 40s and worry my career arc is ending…
- I canNOT figure out the proportions in this current season of fashion…
- How is everyone wearing scarves in 2023?
- What shoes are people wearing to work between boot and sandal season?
- What’s a good place for a relaxing solo escape?
- What are some of your go-to outfits that feel current?
- I need more activities that are social, easy to learn and don’t involve extreme running/jumping/etc.
More shoes? Any fall coats that you can recommend?
Though the designs are very attractive, I have had terrible problems with quality with this brand.
charles david shoes are cute but HURT. You NEED to break them in!
I really like the navy, too… I am constantly struggling with which shoes to wear with grey pants – especially when I am not wearing a black top, but am wearing a light pink (blush) or light blue, etc.
Here’s a question for everyone:
What color shoes do you tend to wear with grey slacks?
Absolutely any color goes with grey–it’s a neutral–that’s the beauty of it. It depends on the feel of the outfit for me. If it’s a sporty rustic fall tweedy one, I’ll wear browns or other fall colors. If it’s spring colors, the same family as the top or navy, or black patent. Navy and cream and/or red classics tops–classic shoes in those colors, especially with spectator details.
Grey is so much fun. Wear whatever you can’t figure out how to wear with anything else–green shoes, bright blue, fuchsia….yellow
With grey slacks, I’ll be wearing grey, burgundy or black shoes, depending on the shade of grey.
This looks like a great work shoe — the shape of the layering reads “wingtip”/winter spectator, i.e. business, but the mix of colors is more appealing than plain pumps. My only question is whether the front of the shoe is too low cut.
Those look like they would hurt.
Love them! Perfect amount of color.
@Ashley – with gray pants I wear black, deep (not bright) purples or turquoise, occasionally browns. Brown is hard, but would probably work with pink.
3″ heels… hmm. Can’t rock those anymore.
With grey pants–burgundy shoes, or mustard yellow (gasp) or grey, or black. Depends on the tops and look I’m going for. As well as the setting of course! I like the notion of burgundy shoes with a pink top. One has the echos of color without being too matchy-matchy.
Not sure, since I haven’t worn them, but my experience with this type of heel is that it kills after 20 minutes. It is set so far inward that your ankle will try to compensate as you walk, and it’s not tall enough that the height would help you balance completely on the ball of your foot.
I actually love this type of inset heel – because it is closer to the ball of the foot, when your heel strikes the ground, your toes aren’t as far in the air as they would be with the same height heel that comes straight down from the back of the shoe – so, less force when the ball hits the ground.
Then again, the balls of my feet always suffer the most in heels (never had an ankle issue).
Yuck! I think these are really ugly.
I think this style of shoe (with the bands of different colors) can look really cheap, even if it’s not. Not awful, but not classy enough for a serious workplace. I’d actually go down a bit in the heel height. You don’t need 3″ heels to look professional, IMO.
I like these! But good call on the forward-set heel …
I think these are cute, and I’m glad to see them in navy too. I had a horrible time trying to find decent navy shoes last year. But they do look painful!
What’s with the only going up to a size ten? Must be a cheap shoe….
I have a pair of Charles by Charles David shoes and they’re verrrrrrrry comfy despite the height. The heel is pretty thick though; I’m not sure about this skinny heel.
I’m with Laura. How these are professional is a mystery to me, not to mention looking clunky and and unflattering.
I agree with grey pants going with a number of different colored shoes; I love charcoal grey pants with rich tan shoes.
I think they’re kind of cool. They’re different, but not weird.
I love wearing grey pantsuits just because they’re fun to accessorize. Today I wore a grey croc-print pump, but I’ve worn may different shoes with them, including dark purple, a mauvish shade, an olive green-gray, and pewter patent.
I think the shoes are fabulous, but like pp, I can’t rock three inch heels anymore. And they would never work in an airport! Too painful.
I just ordered a pair in the navy/grey version. I work in a professional environment but in central Africa, where women have all sorts of amazing crazy shoes. These do not even compare – they will still look conservative with a grey or blue suit. I was shopping for grey shoes and blue shoes, and now I’ve found both in one! Now I’m just hoping that they are wearable despite people’s comments on the inset heel, etc.
I generally pick on Corporette for its choice in shoes (sorry!) but I really really like these ones. Good height (depending on personal preference as per last week’s big debate!), color, etc…love them!
I really like these shoes. If I were not currently suffering for my shoe addiction, I would seriously consider giving them a try.
I just bought these shoes in black at DSW for $65.