Our daily workwear reports suggest one piece of work-appropriate attire in a range of prices.
Sandro is a great brand if you’re looking to achieve the French-girl-chic vibe. Their clothes are feminine without being too frilly, and elegant without being over-the-top.
This tweedy dress is just a little bit funky — with tights and boots, it would be perfect for a more casual or creative office. The banded, cinched waist combined with the slightly flared skirt is super flattering.
I would wear this with opaque tights (I feel like I can get away with slightly shorter dresses if the tights are super thick) and my favorite black ankle boots (purchased on crazy discount at Century 21 (RIP) years ago.)
The dress is $340 and available in U.S. sizes 2–10. Tweed Short-Sleeve Fit & Flare Dress
A lot of more affordable tweed options seem to be out of stock or have very low stock right now, unfortunately, but Boden has a lower-priced alternative that is on sale for $99 and offers petite, regular, and long sizes.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Seen a great piece you’d like to recommend? Please e-mail [email protected]
Workwear Sales of Note (11/25/20):
- J.Crew – 50% off your purchase and extra 60% off sale styles
- Pottery Barn, West Elm, etc. – Black Friday Sales starting early! Up to 50% off on lots of stuff.
- Zenni – 15%-25% off. We’ve started ordering my son’s eyeglasses/prescription sunglasses/tinted eyeglasses through here, and the prices are hard to beat; I’ve also got some blue-blocking nonprescription eyeglasses for my hubs in my cart.
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Ann Taylor – 50% off your purchase
- LOFT – Up to 60% off hundreds of styles
- Banana Republic – 50% off everything
- Nordstrom – Up to 50% off
- Lo & Sons – Up to 60% off and 6-month returns
Reader Favorites on Sale:
- This comfy notch blazer is down to $58.80 in some colors and sizes…
- These washable, lightweight stretchy trousers from Nic & Zoe are $67-$109 depending on size and color
- So many cute Zella things on sale (the fleece!)
- Tumi on sale, up to 40% off!