As I’ve noted before: I am the WORST when it comes to nail polish. I have no patience for applying it, I type too much and inevitably immediately chip it, and then I hate having chipped polish and take it off immediately.
So I’ve been excited about the latest Essie nail polishes, with the flat brush that makes application super easy. (One objection down!) When I saw that Essie had a Halloween collection with sparkles I thought, HMMN — sparkly polish often seems more durable than regular polish, although it can sometimes be a pain to remove.
So I decided to give it a try. I was between three colors — the silvery Spellbound (pictured above, and the one I got), a blue option (now sold out, sadly!) and a purplish/blue Broom With a View. I figured I’d try one color and see what my thoughts were.
I was on a long conference call on Friday, so I multitasked and painted my nails — and I’m really pleased! It went on super easily and dried quickly. It looks great, if I do say so myself. My manicure has thus far lasted three days, which for me is saying a lot. I haven’t tried to remove it yet, true, but I strongly suspect this is going to be one of the easier sparkles to remove — it’s finer grained and not as piecey as some of the other sparkles I’ve had over the years.
The polish is $8.99 at Target.
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear Sales of Note (as of 1-26-21)
- Nordstrom – Designer clearance up to 70% off
- The Fold – Lots of items on sale!
- Boden – 20% off dresses & jumpsuits (ends today)
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 60% off clearance; extra 70% off 3+ clearance styles
- Ann Taylor – Extra 50-70% of all sale styles
- Loft – Extra 70% off all sale styles
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Banana Republic – Up to 75% off sale styles; up to 40% off must-haves