Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
If you’re looking for some light, joyful reading in these crazy times, I wanted to give a hearty recommendation to the Reluctant Royals series from Alyssa Cole — the heroines are always smart, funny, modern women.
The first book in the series (pictured) is particularly funny — the heroine is in grad school (for chemistry, if memory serves) and she keeps getting emails that she’s betrothed to an African prince, which she chalks up to spam.
Except… it’s the truth. When the prince comes to America to retrieve her, she mistakenly thinks he’s a poor grad student like her… and hilarity ensues.
(And OOH, I didn’t realize the third book in the series is just about to come out — I know what I’ll be doing this weekend… The second book was really good, too!)
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 9.24.21…
- Nordstrom – Earn 3X the points through September 26. Some reader favorites are here.
- Ann Taylor – $30-$50 off select full-price styles
- The Outnet – tons of great deals on Furstenberg dresses and tops.
- Loft – 50% off your purchase + free shipping
- J.Crew – 30% off your purchase or 40% off $250
- Talbots – 25% off your entire purchase
- Brooks Brothers – Sale styles up to 70% off
- Lands’ End – 40% off full-price styles
- Eloquii – 50% off everything + extra 10% off $125