Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- WindowsWear lets you look at — and shop — retail window displays and the 35,000+ brands sold in those stores.
- Fashionista rounds up several of the best YouTube makeup tutorials that show you exactly how to contour and highlight, conceal blemishes, enhance your brows, and more.
- The Business of Fashion looks at how cosmetics companies are expanding their “multicultural,” “ethnic” beauty products (though not enough, say the commenters).
- A couple weeks ago we shared a link about Jones New York closing its stores and its wholesale business. Fashion Snoops shares some info from WWD that the company, whose spring collection will be its last, is “pursuing strategic alternatives for the brand” (which some are interpreting as seeking a buyer). Meanwhile, Ann Inc. (parent of Ann Taylor and Loft) is looking for a buyer as well, reports Bloomberg Business.
- The Los Angeles Times looks at why so many women are leaving science, tech, and engineering fields in large numbers (no big surprises here). Over at Above the Law, Leigh McMullan Abramson writes why she left her law career to become a writer.
- Thought Catalog lists the ways that confident alpha women do things differently (dating, etc.) than other women.
- Vogue gives a peek at Candice Bergen’s new autobiography — an excerpt about playing Murphy Brown. (If that sentence means nothing to you at all, please read this while you make the rest of us feel old.)
- Rather than a Laugh of the Week, today we’re giving you … the Head-scratcher of the Week, from Wired.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We talked about having to take time off for sick kids.
- Kat shared some picks for moms and non-moms alike.