This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! (We also Tweet if we hear about a good sale through our CorporetteDeals Twitter feed.) You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or by our RSS feed.
- Racked looks at fashion investment purchases and quality vs. quantity.
- The Consumerist reports that Jones New York is closing all of its stores and its wholesale business, while sister brand Anne Klein recently closed the e-commerce section of its website (after a period when customers’ questions on the Facebook page were answered with vague replies about a “refreshed new look”). Racked takes a look at all the recent additions to the retail graveyard (headline NSFW).
- Lifehacker has advice on reading people’s body language when you’re considering whether to join a conversation in progress, while Women 2.0 has tips on tailoring your style to networking situations.
- This New Republic piece on motherhood and women’s career paths has been making the rounds on social media. Here’s a line from the article, about maternity leave: “Eighty-eight percent of American women do not get paid for a single day or a single hour after they give birth.” Meanwhile, New York magazine has an essay written by a woman in her late 30s who’s considering becoming a single mom by choice.
- About Careers shares a profile of one of Kat’s old law school friends.
- McSweeney’s lists several reasons — TOTALLY unrelated to the fact that you’re a woman, of course — to explain why you didn’t get that promotion. For a Laugh of the Week of a less ironic variety, check out this recent Tonight Show skit that’s especially for ’90s kids (YouTube; autoplay video).
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to email@example.com. Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.