Like these posts? Follow us on Twitter or Facebook — this is the edited version of what we’re reading! You can also follow us on Pinterest and Instagram, or via our RSS feed.
- Vanity Fair reported that Saks has unveiled a new beauty destination that includes a Hotel Ritz Paris-replicated spa treatment room (ooh la la!).
- Kat spoke with Above the Law about fashion tips (and why fashion is a feminist issue) for ATL’s new podcast, The Jabot.
- Fashionista explained how brands that do custom sizing have become more accessible — and affordable.
- The Cut shared new study findings on sunscreen: Using SPF 50 leads to significantly more sun damage than SPF 100 — despite what we’ve always been told.
- Bustle reported that Sephora has launched a “clean beauty” category to help figure out what’s in your products.
- Racked asked if shoppers will ever care about sustainability.
- ATL provided tips for enjoying a summer vacation. Pro tip: If you don’t tend to all of your work while out of the office, don’t worry: “It’s not cheese. It won’t mold.”
- Career Contessa shared five ideas to turn around an unproductive day.
- Cosmopolitan profiled New York’s first woman attorney general, Barbara Underwood, and the women who work in her office.
- For your Laugh of the Week: McSweeney’s shared tips on what you should have saved by age 35… on an American homestead in 1818.
On CorporetteMoms Recently…
- We discussed the best maternity dresses for work.
- We took a look back into CorporetteMoms history.
- We offered some clothes for working moms, including some maternity basics and washable workwear.
Did we miss anything? Add ’em here, or send them to [email protected] Thank you! Also: Are you a mom or mom-to-be? Don’t miss this week’s news update at CorporetteMoms.
Alexis Neely Courses?
Has anyone here done Alexis Neely’s courses? Are they worth the money? TIA!
I showed the manageing partner her manifesto and he did NOT agree we could get away w/o my billeings. I told him I wanted to make money w/o workeing and billeing so much, but he said it was NOT for us. He said you have to be very pretty to be able to get away with that. He also said he would never be able to marry her b/c he could not live with anyone who was bossy, unlike Margie, who defers to him on everything! YAY!!!
TV show rec app?
Is there a Goodreads-like app for TV shows and movies? I want to exchange recommendations with my friends/family during this Golden Age of TV, but there are too many good shows out right now to list by memory.
I read the COSMO article about the women in the NY AG’s office. Dad says I should apply b/c I have great litieagation experience, and I would be the onley blond working there. I told him they do NOT care about hair color and even tho I would be very noticeable, I would NOT make much money in public service. If I have to go that way, it will be as a JUDGE, where I can get the parties to write my opinion’s for me.
I am heading to the Hamtons this weekend for the manageing partner’s party. I am bringing the new associate, who just started today. She is very cute, but very young and inexperenced, haveing just graduated from law school. She has the office next to me, so I can call out and have her come when I need her to learn from me. She seems nice, so I will teach her everyting I know. YAY!!!!